Job ID: 289142943
Last Updated: 10/11/2015
Northland Community Health Center
Human Resource Generalist
Position Summary: To provide effective, efficient and appropriate professional clinical care to NCHC patients in
order to serve the community's healthcare needs.
Supervision Received: Chief Executive Officer, Medical Director, QA/QI
Supervision Exercised: Provides team leadership to Clinical Staff
1. Assists Medical Director in developing clinical practice guidelines
2. Participates in provider and medical care team meetings.
3. Establishes positive relationships with local medical community and attends local medical society functions.
4. Interviews patients to obtain history, performs physical examinations, orders A1b and other tests, prescribes
medications and treatments.
5. Provides continuity in managed care for patients with pre-existing long term problems.
6. Makes referrals for secondary and tertiary care.
7. Performs medical procedures according to privileges issued.
8. Provides health maintenance visits, evaluates for immunizations and provides anticipatory guidance and
referrals; performs contract and special physical examinations as EPSDT, Head Start, employment, etc.
performs STD (sexually transmitted disease) and family planning screening and education.
9. Documents and codes all patient contact accurately and legible in the medical record.
10. Performs as an active member of the medical team.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Knowledge of adult learning principles and community resources
2. Skill in providing excellent customer service and support; organizing and prioritizing workload and meeting
deadlines; and excellent written and verbal communication.
3. Ability to interact effectively and professionally with persons from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, education,
racial, ethnic and professional backgrounds.
4. Ability to work effectively with managers, co-workers, members of the public and professional groups.
5. Ability to communicate effectively, clearly, concisely with others (internal and external customers, both
verbally and in writing), consistently demonstrate positive/proactive customer service attitude. Consistently
maintains ethical behaviors exemplary of quality public service and fair standards, inclusively, among all
employees and members of the public.
6. Ability to work as an effective team member; function independently, exercise sound judgment and initiative;
be flexible to shift priorities; maintain confidentiality, establish and maintain effective interpersonal work
relationships, effectively assist providers; work toward goals and objectives of draft priorities.
7. Ability to follow NCHC Clinic practice guidelines - including adhering to the NCHC immunization policy and the
NCHC Mission and Vision and NCHC Corporate Compliance Policy.
8. Ability to receive constructive feedback including evaluation of provider's productivity and practice attributes.
9. Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to participation on clinical committees, providing education,
Quality Review and/or other activities.
1. Ability to perform each position responsibly and satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
duties of the position.
2. Ability to understand that safety is a condition of employment. Unsafe acts or conditions will be reported to
3. Must be computer literate with ability to enter information in the NCHC EHS system and compile reports or
data as requested.
4. Must be able to read, write and speak English.
Education and /or Experience:
1. Graduate of an accredited Master of Science in Nursing program; and Certification through the
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP).
2. The employee shall meet the requirements of the North Dakota Board of Nursing; and be licensed to practice
medicine without restrictions within the state of North Dakota.
License and/or Certification:
1. Current licensure as a NP to practice in the State of North Dakota by the State Board
2. Current DEA certification
3. Current CPR and ACLS certification required.
4. Valid North Dakota driver's license
5. Must be able to meet and maintain current NCHC credentialing and privileging requirements.
1. Must be willing to travel between NCHC health centers. Must be willing to work evening hours and weekends
The specific statements shown in each section of this Job Description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. The job's responsibilities/tasks may be modified and/or expanded over time. NCHC will inform the employee when changes in the respective job description are made.
View Full Employer Profile