Job ID: 289151405
Last Updated: 4/29/2015
Greater Baden Medical Services
Responsible for providing patient care as appropriate in the clinical setting, for medical case management, coordination of services with other agencies, clinical tracking of special population groups and any other activities or duties required to assure optimal patient services.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides direct patient care as needed and appropriate to serve the community in accordance with the organizations Health Care Plan.
Provides clinical leadership and acts as a resource to other members of the health care team, patients, or other members of the community.
Provides clinical supervision and acts as a resource to nurse practitioners working in the clinic as appropriate.
Works with center manager to facilitate smooth operation of clinic flow.
Provides appropriate documentation of clinical care provided in a timely manner. This includes maintenance of patient charts in accordance with clinic protocols, and timely documentation of clinical procedures on encounter forms.
Assures quality of patient care by participating in the organizations Performance Improvement activities.
Cooperates with compliance review activities.
Complies with regulations regarding consultations and other services as required by patients insurance coverage.
Complies with Joint Commission standards for ambulatory care.
Submits information needed for credentialing files in a timely manner.
When needed, assists the Safety Officer with employee health activities, especially in the event of an exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
Attends required agency meetings.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Valid license to practice medicine in the state of Maryland, valid Maryland prescriber number, and valid DEA number.
2. Board certification or eligibility in a primary care specialty. Board certification preferred, certification expected within one year of employment.
3. Experience in community or public health setting preferred but not required.
4. Professional independence, flexibility, and a desire to work as part of a team in a non-profit, patient and community oriented setting. Demonstrated competency to work with persons from a variety of cultures and lifestyles.
1. Internal: Superior customer service skills required. This includes tact working with patients, families, and visitors.
2. Works in a team environment with the other clinical staff.
3. External: Excellent verbal communication skills when answering and returning telephone calls.
1. Typical medical office setting.
2. Will require driving between health centers.
3. Assignments to particular sites, schedules and hours can be changed at any time with reasonable notice and maybe include weekend hours.
1. Prolonged sitting, primarily at a computer terminal
2. Occasional bending, stooping and stretching
3. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment.
4. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate in writing, in person and by phone.
5. Require occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Teamwork Quality Respect Professionalism Commitment
Compensation and Benefits
Tuition Assistance Program
Aggressive 401k plan
Flexible Spending Account
Employee Assistance Program
Paid Time Off & Personal Leave
AD&D/Life Insurance/LTD & STD
Health Enterprise Zone Tax Credits
Telework options for Non-Clinical Staff
Pay for Performance Evaluation Metrics
Competitive Salaries & Opportunities for Growth
How to apply:
Please copy and paste the below URL address into your web browser. No telephone calls please.
Greater Baden Medical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
View Full Employer Profile