Job ID: 289188253
Last Updated: 6/11/2019
Clinicas de Salud del Pueblo
Head of Recruitment/Associate Director of HR
Clinicas de Salud del Pueblo, Inc.
JOB TITLE: NURSE PRACTITIONER
REPORT TO: CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER
BASIC FUNCTION: The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible to consult with the Chief Medical Officer or other staff physicians about difficult situations or problems in diagnosis or management of Family Planning; OB/GYN patients; sexually transmitted diseases; Cancer screening; Employees physical; and related ailments under their scope of practice. The Nurse Practitioner will participate in the development, execution, and periodic review of the written policies governing the services the clinic furnishes, and provides services in accordance with those policies. Arranges for services that cannot be provided at the clinic, assures that adequate patient health records are maintained and transferred as required and participates with a Physician in a periodic review of the patients health records.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES: The duties recorded below are intended to accurately represent the duties of the class and are not intended to cover every single duty of the job.
1. Associates with physicians and are under supervision of the Chief Medical Officer and physician consultant in above services.
2. Takes and dictates complete medical histories which include identifying information, chief complaints if any, present illness, past history and do a complete system review.
3. Performs comprehensive physical examination including impressions or diagnosis.
4. Evaluates the presence and severity of disease within the realm of their competence, keeping the Chief Medical Officer abreast of pertinent development.
5. Orders and executes treatment within the scope of their specialty.
6. Writes progress notes and orders on the patients charts as directed by the physician or form standing orders.
7. Makes referrals to Clinicas doctors; then upon physicians diagnosis makes appropriate referrals to physicians consultants and community agencies.
8. Instructs and counsels patients on patient health education.
9. Knowledge and implementation of community-based, patient-centered medical home (PCMH) process with appropriate coordination of care.
10. Responsible as a member of the health care team in participating in daily team meetings/huddles.
11. Support Nursing Staff and facilitate in implementing policies, procedures, and the PCMH process.
12. Provides services to patients seeking family planning counseling including alternatives to pregnancy such as abortion or adoption and prepares the family within their interest and need in relation to the child bearing experience.
13. Prepares lectures and demonstrates as a health resource person to the community as deemed necessary.
14. Maintains required nursing and CPR certifications.
15. Performs other duties as may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Graduate of an accredited Nursing program with a current California License for Registered Nurse. Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program with a current California License to practice as Nurse Practitioner. Also must have a current CPR card.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of the methods, practices and terminology used in nursing and medical care; knowledge of medications and prescription procedures; knowledge off medical crisis protocol; knowledge of modern office medical record keeping procedures and regulations; knowledge of modern office practices and technology, including computers; ability to learn, interpret and/or communicate rules, regulations, procedures, and policies; ability to follow and give oral and written directions; ability to provide effective leadership and work direction to subordinate nursing staff; ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with subordinates, co-workers, supervisors, other professionals and patients; ability to react professionally and effectively in emergency medical situations and to make urgent decisions affective the lives on patients; ability to plan and implement various programs and projects as assigned; ability to learn new information and skills to enhance job performance; ability to prepare reports and records with accuracy and to maintain patient confidentiality as required; ability to make required calculations accurately; ability and willingness to work irregular hours as necessary. Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with the general public and fellow staff and maintain confidentiality of records along with Clinicas business. Willingness to accept supervision and constructive criticism from the Chief Medical Officer and Clinic Manager.
WORK DIRECTION, LEAD AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Not applicable- no assigned permanent staff to supervise.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Normal medical clinic environment. Work requires the ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time, and to exert moderate, though not constant, physical effort in the performance of nursing procedures, typically involving some combination of stooping, kneeling, crouching, and the lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight. Should be able to handle a
cute clinical situations or emergencies without panic.
CONTACTS: Supervisor, co-workers, physicians, other Clinicas personnel, pharmacists, patients, vendors, hospital personnel, Health Department personnel, health care services, and the general public.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed under stressful conditions; work may require extensive VDT exposure. Worker may be exposure to communicable disease. Must comply with the Clinicas Corporate Compliance Program.
Maintain privacy of all patient, employee and volunteer information and access such information only on a need to know basis for business purposes.
Comply with all regulations regarding corporate integrity and security obligations. Report unethical, fraudulent, or unlawful behavior or activity.
View Full Employer Profile