Job ID: 289224214
Last Updated: 10/11/2015
Physician / Medical Director
Northland Community Health Center
Human Resource Generalist
Under the general supervision of the Chief Executive Officer of Northland Community Health Center, the Medical Director is responsible for medically directing patient care teams of physician, mid-level providers, and nurses in the NCHC sites.
Supervision Received: Chief Executive Officer
Supervision Exercised: Provides Executive Team leadership to Clinical Staff
1. Provides medical direction and administration including, but not limited to, developing clinical practice
2. Preparing reports for the Governing Board.
3. Supervising physicians and mid-levels; performing quality assurance activities.
4. Reporting to Clinic Leadership Team and Executive Team.
5. Participating and directing provider and medical care team meetings.
6. Establishing linkage with pharmacy, dental care, and community referral entities, social support resources to
improve and expand the scope of services available through community referrals. Working with agency
businesses, dental, pharmacy and lab managers to address mutual concerns.
7. Establishes positive relationships with local medical community and attends local medical society functions.
1. Interviewing patients to obtain history, performing physical examination, ordering lab and other tests,
prescribing medications and treatments.
2. Providing continuity in managed care for patients with pre-existing long term problems.
3. Making referrals for secondary and tertiary care.
4. Performing medical procedures, according to privileges issued.
5. Providing health maintenance visits, evaluating for immunizations, and providing anticipatory guidance and
referrals; performing contract and special physical examinations as EPSDT, HeadStart, employment, etc;
performing STD (sexually transmitted disease) and family planning screening and education.
6. Documenting all patient contact accurately and legibly on the medical record.
7. Performing as an active member of the medical team.
1. Knowledge of adult learning principles and community resources
2. Skill in providing excellent customer service and support; organizing and prioritizing workload and meeting
deadlines; and excellent written and verbal communication.
3. Ability to interact effectively and professionally with persons from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, education,
racial, ethnic and professional backgrounds.
4. Work effectively with managers, co-workers, members of the public and professional groups. Manage and
coordinate activities with projects.
5. Communicate effectively, clearly, concisely with others (internal and external customers, both verbally and in
writing), consistently demonstrate positive/proactive customer service attitude. Consistently maintains ethical
behaviors exemplary of quality public service and fair standards, inclusively, among all employees and
members of the the public.
6. Work as an effective team member; function independently, exercise sound judgment and initiative; be
flexible to shift priorities; maintain confidentiality; establish and maintain effective interpersonal work
relationships, effectively assist providers; work toward goals and objectives of draft priorities.
7. Follow NCHC Clinic practice guidelines - including adhering to the NCHC immunization policy and the mission,
8. Receive constructive feedback including evaluation of ones productivity and practice attributes.
9. Other duties as assigned, including, but not limited to participation on clinical committees, providing education,
Quality review and/or other activities.
Education / Experience:
Preference will be given to work experience in a public health or community clinic setting, previous work experience as a Medical Director, completion of an accredited primary care residency program, or Board Certification (or eligible) in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine.
License and / or Certification:
1. Current licensure as an MD/DO to practice in the State of ND by the State Board of Medical Examiners.
2. Current DEA, DPS certification
3. Current CPR and ACLS certification required
4. Valid ND Drivers License
Must be willing to travel between NCHC health centers. Must be willing to work evening hours and weekends if necessary.
The specific statements shown in each section of this Job Description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully The job's responsibilities/tasks may be modified and/or expanded over time. Northland CHC will inform the employee when changes in the respective job description are made
View Full Employer Profile