Job ID: 289303494
Last Updated: 9/19/2016
WAC Health Center
Saban Community Clinic, in collaboration with strategic partners, serves as a medical home for the underserved and those who are most vulnerable by providing comprehensive, dependable and affordable quality health care in a caring environment.
The Staff Physician is responsible for:
Responsible for providing comprehensive direct primary and urgent care to an ethnically and socially diverse patient population, mostly indigent, in accordance with protocols, policies and procedures; and ensuring quality of care and services.
Providing professional leadership and training to residents, medical students, other professional and support staff to enhance their professional/patient care skills
Managing specific clinic programs or initiatives from inception through implementation, as assigned
Patient Services: Ensures that patients/clients receive quality, timely, professional care services in accordance with Clinics mission and values.
1. Provides primary care services to Clinic patients including:
Conducting physical examinations
Ordering and interpreting the results of laboratory, x-ray and other tests;
Determining and implementing courses of treatment,
Providing and monitoring the results of treatment; and adjusting as needed
2. Proactively assists the patient and family through all facets of accessing care at the Clinic and elsewhere, serving as a resource to resolve patient and family concerns.
3. Confers with student and resident physicians and other professional and support staff regarding care and treatment of patients and assists/mentors them in management of illness.
4. Participates in the improving the quality of care including participation in peer review, setting clinical standards for medical support staff, and monitoring quality of medical services to patients.
5. Meets and consults with other staff providers on an on-going, regular basis to discuss clinical concerns and opportunities for care improvement.
6. Participates in team meetings and provides input on general operational issues to improve the quality of health care delivery including the Clinics Best Practices team to create and monitor protocols/guidelines for patient care and uniformity of forms.
7. Participates in the development and implementation of new Clinic programs; may assume leadership for new health care initiatives and projects.
8. Identifies training needs of staff and collaborates others to develop and implement appropriate training programs and opportunities to ensure a skilled and knowledgeable staff.
Compliance: Ensures services provided comply with regulatory agency requirements, contractual obligations and funding sources.
9. Performs/supervises functions, duties and services in compliance with regulatory agencies, contractual obligations and funding sources such as CHDP, EWC, Medi-Cal, FPACT, and Title X.
10. Monitors and ensures compliance with clinical evidence-based guidelines for adult and pediatric health care.
11. Participates in the review, revision and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure medical practices are in full compliance with regulatory requirements.
12. Oversees the maintenance of records/documents in accordance with clinic policies and procedures, contractual obligations, regulations and funding sources.
13. Monitors strict adherence to universal precautions as established by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, DHS/OA and clinic standards. Communications and Problem-Solving: Ensures effective, professional communications within and outside of the Clinic setting and effectively resolves problems relating to the provision of medical services at the Clinic site.
14. Creates and maintains effective interpersonal relationships with all employees; keeps employees informed of changes which may affect the work environment.
15. Communicates effectively with all levels throughout the clinic and the specific site by consistently utilizing and facilitating effective strategies to encourage collaborative problem solving and decision-making.
16. Troubleshoots difficult problems or situations and takes independent action to resolve them.
17. Through teamwork and accountability exhibits behaviors and attitudes of courtesy and respect for all staff at the Clinic in accordance with its mission and values.
18. Establishes and maintains effective and positive working relationships with representatives of outside agencies, government entities, vendors, as well as other clinicians, volunteers and staff; represents the clinic site when appropriate.
19. Ensures patient/client confidentiality; demonstrates complete discretion when discussing patient information. Fiscal Management: Monitors expenses associated with services delivered to provide patients with cost-effective medicine
20. Practice cost-effective medicine by monitoring appropriate use of practitioner laboratory and prescription utilization in line with Clinic preferred laboratory and drug formulary.
21. Completes documentation for clinic sessions in a timely manner ensuring accuracy and completeness to ensure the Clinic can collect funds for the services.
22. Maintains working knowledge of medical and related skills through reading, participation in seminars and other educational opportunities and personal contacts/professional memberships in the field; ensures timely completion of continuing education required to maintain licensure.
23. Participates as a member of the sites clinical team; promotes the clinics goals and philosophies to staff; participates in committees; and actively cooperates with others in support of the clinics goals.
As a provider of patient care, incumbent will use various personal protective clothing and equipment and utilize the full range of items associated with medical care in an outpatient clinic.
Benefits Medical and Dental Insurance Group Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance program Retirement Plan - 403(b) Long-Term Disability Supplement Insurance thru AFLAC Flexible Spending Plan Coverage - Cafeteria Plan - Section 125) Paid holidays Paid vacation time Paid sick time Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Discounts for movies, sporting events and amusement parks through the Recreation Connection
View Full Employer Profile