Job ID: 289304105
Last Updated: 6/10/2016
Physician Assistant - Hospitalist
MDICS (Physician Inpatient Care Specialists)
Physicians Inpatient Care Specialists (MDICS) is the largest private hospitalist group of physicians, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners in the State of Maryland. It's a fast-growing, physician-owned, group providing quality care at 15 hospitals and over 42 post-acute care centers.
MDICS empowers Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners by providing new graduates with six months of structured on-the-job training, opportunities for career advancement, and a high degree of autonomy.
What's more, MDICS promotes an employee-focused culture, flexible scheduling, and a healthywork-life balance. In fact, it was recognized as aTop Workplaceby The Washington Post in 2014.
MDICS has an employment opportunity for a (night shift) Physician Assistant atUniversity of Maryland Baltimore-Washington Medical Center(UM BWMC) in Glen Burnie, aquiet suburb of Baltimorein Anne Arundel County. The position calls for 14 shifts per 28 day block. The night shifts are 12 hours (7:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m.).
UM BWMC is not that busy at night, does not admit much, and the turnover for MDICS employees at this site is very low. Epic is utilized for Electronic Health Records (EHR).
As it relates to Glen Burnie,Baltimore is close (20 minutes), Washington, DC and Northern Virginia are reasonably close (50 minutes), and Philadelphia is within driving distance (2 hours). What's more,Baltimore-Washington International (BWI) Airport is only 10 minutes away from UM BWMC. In short, the Baltimore-Washington Metro Area isconveniently locatedand has a lot to offer. What s more, Glen Burnie is served by Anne Arundel County Public Schools, which have garnered recognition for their academic programs (12 National Blue Ribbon Schools of Excellence).
In regards to UM BWMC, some interesting facts can be found below:
- 303 Beds
- Affiliated with University of Maryland Medical Center, the Prestigious Academic Medical Center
- Member of the University of Maryland Medical System
- Ranked in the Top Five Percent (5%) of Hospitals Nationwide by HealthGrades, an Independent Health Care Rating Organization
- Awarded the 2015 Patient Safety Excellence Award by HealthGrades
- Awarded the 2014 Quality Improvement Award for Patient Safety and Quality Improvement by the Delmarva Foundation for Medical Care
- Awarded the 2013 Outstanding Commitment in Environmental Stewardship Award by Stericycle
- Comprehensive Recycling Program
- Electric Car Charging Receptacles
- Commitment to Community: Outreach Programs to Promote Wellness and Healthier Families
MDICS offers full-time clinicians the following benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Additional Compensation Based on Work Relative Value Units (RVUs), i.e.,Incentive Pay
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health Insurance (Dental, Medical, Prescription, and Vision)
- Malpractice Insurance (100% Employer-Paid)
- Basic Life Insurance Coverage ($100,000) (100% Employer-Paid)
- Accidental Death Dismemberment Coverage (AD D) (100% Employer-Paid)
- Short-Term Disability (STD) Coverage (100% Employer-Paid)
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) Coverage (100% Employer-Paid)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) (100% Employer-Paid)
- Retirement Savings Plan: 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Yearly Allowance for Continuing Medical Education (CME)
- Much More . . .
Please apply now.
MDICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Contact Information For more information about this employment opportunity contact Bilal Tawakali, MPA at firstname.lastname@example.org or (410) 999-1145 .
View Full Employer Profile