Job ID: 289308150
Last Updated: 2/4/2016
Oncology Nurse Practitioner
St. Joseph Heritage Medical Group
St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare is hiring a Full Time Oncology Nurse Practitioner in Santa Rosa.
The Nurse Practitioner role provides direct patient care in the ambulatory setting and reports to the Chief of Staff and Medical Office Administrator at the medical office site where services are provided.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide health assessment, diagnosis and treatment in the ambulatory care setting.
- Demonstrates the ability to select medications appropriately and in accordance with pharmacy formulary.
- Demonstrates the ability to act in the best interest of the patient by providing information to make informed decisions in their care.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to complete patient encounter forms daily with appropriate diagnosis and treatment codes. Submits patient charges daily.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand the unique needs of the adult and/or pediatric patient in providing care in the ambulatory setting.
- Demonstrates appropriate clinical judgment in providing care by consulting/referring to the supervising physician, as needed.
- Demonstrates the skills necessary to accurately code patient visits appropriately.
- Consistently demonstrates appropriate and thorough documentation in the medical record for care provided and recommended.
- Maintains and/or is available to meet productivity standard for number of patients seen in a timely manner.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Prefer 2 or more years experience as a Nurse Practitioner
License / Certification:
Current BLS certificate
Current RN license
Graduate from an accredited Nurse Practitioner training program
Board of Registered Nursing Certification of Nurse Practitioners
Board of Registered Nurses Certification Furnishing Number
St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) is one of California's most respected medical groups. With over 2,000 employees and 25 locations throughout California, including, Northern California, Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, SJHH has been continually recognized as a leader in quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and values. St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Contact Information Apply by sending your resume to Patti Olson, Sr. Recruiter at Patti.Olson@stjoe.org
View Full Employer Profile