Job ID: 289336849
Last Updated: 9/19/2016
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Saban Community Clinic
SUMMARY: The LCSW provides therapy to individuals and groups to promote optimum mental health; assists individuals dealing with addictions and substance abuse, mood disorders, depression, suicide, domestic violence and stress. The LCSW maintains a working knowledge of other community mental health services and resources and effectively matches services and resource needs of clients. The LCSW provides clinical assessment and treatment plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Clinical Treatment Services: Ensures that clients/patients receive quality, timely, professional services in accordance with Clinics mission and values.
1. Provides therapy to individuals and groups to promote optimum mental health; assists individuals deal with addictions and substance abuse, mood disorders, depression, suicide, domestic violence, sexual dysfunction, stress management, problems with self-esteem, issues associated with aging, job and career concerns, educational decisions, issues of mental and emotional health, family, parenting, marital problems, and gender issues
2. Gathers data of clients history through personal interviews with client, family and others; prepares case histories affecting client; provides clinical assessment and treatment planning for clients.
3. Consults with medical staff, case managers and paraprofessionals to ensure clinical and case management needs and service quality are being met; confers regarding additional identified services as needed.
4. Maintains a working knowledge of other community mental health services and resources; effectively matches services and resource needs of clients.
5. Collaborates, coordinates and advocates with other community professionals, servicing agencies, clients and families to ensure service plan implementation and/or linkage services; monitors linkage services to ensure that referrals are provided promptly and effectively.
6. Acts as a resource to other Clinic providers. Collaborates with physicians and others to develop and implement treatment and intervention programs that patients can understand and comply with.
7. Participates in crisis intervention and conflict resolution actions, including suicide assessments, partner abuse, child and elder abuse screening; takes appropriate measures to resolve crisis situations; implements mandatory reporting procedures in accordance with regulations (including HIPAA) and policies.
Compliance: Ensures services and documentation comply with regulatory agency requirements, contractual obligations and funding sources.
8. Records/enters all information regarding client services in accordance with policies procedures.
9. Gathers information, performs data entry, ensuring accuracy and completeness; ensures documentation and reports comply with requirements of regulatory agencies, contractual obligations and funding sources.
Communications and Problem-Solving: Ensures effective, professional communications within and outside of the Clinic setting and effectively resolves routine problems relating to case management services:
10. Creates and maintains effective interpersonal/working relationships with other employees and clients/patients to support coordination and provision of services.
11. Listens to clients/patients complaints and concerns and works to resolve them independently; refers clients/patients to appropriate manager if unable to resolve issues to the clients satisfaction.
12. Maintains effective and positive working relationships with representatives of outside agencies and government entities to coordinate client referrals.
13. Ensures client/patient confidentiality; demonstrates complete discretion when discussing client information; always complies with HIPAA regulations regarding patient confidentiality.
14. Maintains working knowledge of therapeutic/clinical services and community resources through reading, participation in seminars and other educational opportunities and personal contacts/professional memberships in the field.
View Full Employer Profile