Job ID: 289358111
Last Updated: 6/2/2016
St. Joseph Heritage Medical Group
St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare is hiring experienced PAs in Northern California in the Santa Rosa and Humboldt areas. We currently have openings in the following specialty:
The PA will direct patient care services in the ambulatory setting; Reports to the Chief of Staff and Medical Office Administrator or Manager at the medical office site where services are provided.
1. Consistently demonstrates the ability to provide health assessment, diagnosis and treatment in the ambulatory care setting.
2. Demonstrates the ability to select medications appropriately and in accordance with pharmacy formulary.
3. Demonstrates the ability to act in the best interest of the patient by providing information to make informed decisions in their care.
4. Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to complete patient encounter forms daily with appropriate diagnosis and treatment codes. Submits patient charges daily.
5. Consistently demonstrates the ability to understand the unique needs of the patient in providing care in the ambulatory care setting.
6. Demonstrates appropriate clinical judgment in providing care by consulting/referring to the supervising physician, as needed.
7. Demonstrates the skills necessary to accurately code patient visits appropriately.
8. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and thorough documentation in the medical record for care provided and recommended.
9. Maintains and/or is available to meet productivity standard for number of patients seen in a timely manner.
Other specific competencies that have been identified by the manager related to changes in departmental operations or that focus on current clinical practices and are listed on the Supplemental Competence Validation Summary.
1. Maintains specialty skill sets specific to the ambulatory setting, appropriately.
2. Obtains higher learning experiences to enhance and develop new skills and knowledge to provide care through additional training and experiences. Seeks opportunities for cross training within specialty.
3. Participates in special projects including but not limited to Research Development, as requested.
4. Attends and participates, whenever possible, in organizations monthly Allied Health meetings.
5. Adapts to changing needs in office to facilitate operational demands and access issues.
-Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
-- Education: Graduated of an accredited PA program
-- Experience: Prefer 3-5 years experience in the ambulatory care setting
-- Current PA license
-- Certification by the National Commission of the Certification of Physician Assistants for New Grads only.
-- Training: Graduate of the accredited Physician Assistant Program
-- License / Certification: As above; Basic Life Support (CPR)
-- Must be in Good Standing with SJMC By-Laws
St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) is one of California's most respected medical groups. With over 2,000 employees and 25 locations throughout California, including, Northern California, Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, SJHH has been continually recognized as a leader in quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and values. St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please apply online at: http://www.sjhmg.org/
HR Recruitment Contact:
T:(707) 387-3931 F:(707) 525-4903
View Full Employer Profile