Job ID: 289389560
Last Updated: 8/20/2016
Post-Acute Physician - Market Medical Director - Houston, TX
Essential Professional Qualifications
* Board Certified -Internal Medicine or Family Practice
* Proven operational expertise in hospitalist, post-acute, and transitional medical services
* Clinical leader
* Experience in performance improvement
* Excellent Communications Skills: verbal, written, and presentation
* Experience with post-acute and transitional care revenue cycle management
* Consensus builder
The Questcare Matrix Market Medical Director (MMD) is responsible for the supervision of company activities involving the care of patients in post-acute facilities and transitioning between care sources in the market selected. The MMD monitors standards of performance consistent with the company's quality and financial goals. The MMD reports directly to the Regional Medical Director (RMD) of Questcare Matrix. In close communication with the RMD, the MMT assists with planning, organizing, staffing, and directing company operations and personnel.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Assisting company executives with the development and day-to-day operations and reporting on all pertinent activities.
* Developing and maintaining performance improvement activities; assisting providers in establishment of performance improvement efforts.
* Supporting the providers in performance of their duties, including but not limited to personnel, process and procedural, and service performance.
* Oversees the reporting of quality data specifically related to Questcare Matrix-associated practices.
* Assisting with QA/Peer Review activities.
* Assisting with malpractice claims review as related to Matrix services.
* Participating in strategic business planning.
* Assessing educational needs of Matrix personnel and supervising the development and maintenance of educational programs designed to meet those needs.
* Representing Matrix to third parties, including the company's clients, other healthcare community members, professional organizations, and the market at large as requested by Questcare's President.
* Coordinating implementation of the Matrix protocols, pathways, and performance measures in Questcare-staffed facilities.
* Assisting the VP of Matrix Operations with company planning and activities.
* Interviewing potential new provider candidates.
* Assisting Questcare management in the development of short- and long-range objectives, goals, and plans.
* Assisting Questcare management in developing organizational structure, and managing Matrix market operations, so that responsibilities are effectively delegated and reporting relationships are clearly established.
* Assisting with the development and monitoring of referral guidelines and statistics to facilitate appropriate patient referrals.
* Communicating to Questcare management pertinent information, statistics, problems, and plans so that there is an excellent understanding of activities, issues, and development opportunities in the region.
* Provides consultation to Questcare Matrix associated practice activities on best-demonstrated practices and compliance with the requirements of regulatory agencies, including the Joint Commission and the Texas Department of State Health Services.
* Providing clinical care to patients on a regularly-scheduled basis.
Other duties as assigned by company management.
Questcare Matrix is dedicated to providing the highest quality post-acute care for our hospital partners, post-acute facilities, and patients.
Application Email: email@example.com
View Full Employer Profile