Job ID: 289419685
Last Updated: 12/9/2016
Provider - Family Medicine
Greater Baden Medical Services
FLSA Category: Exempt
Reports To: Chief Medical Officer
Date Issued: October 2016
Responsible for providing patient care as appropriate in the clinical setting, for medical case management, coordination of services with other agencies, clinical tracking of special population groups and any other activities or duties required to assure optimal patient services.
1. Conducts fitness physical examinations.
2. Evaluates patient, performing examinations using medical instruments and equipment.
3. Administers or orders various tests, analyses, and diagnostic images to provide information on patient's condition.
4. Analyzes reports and findings of tests and of examination, and diagnoses condition.
5. Administers or prescribes treatments and drugs.
6. Inoculates and vaccinates patients to immunize patients from communicable diseases.
7. Attends to patients in clinic or hospital, and reexamines disability cases periodically to verify progress.
8. Advises patients concerning diet, hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease.
9. Provides prenatal care to pregnant women, delivers babies, and provides postnatal care to mother and infant.
10. Oversees maintenance of case histories, health examination reports, and other medical records.
11. Formulates and administers health programs.
12. Inspects and makes recommendations regarding sanitation and elimination of health hazards.
13. Reports births, deaths, and outbreak of contagious diseases to governmental authorities.
14. Refers patients to medical specialist or other practitioner for specialized treatment.
15. May make house and emergency calls to attend to patients unable to visit office or clinic.
16. May conduct physical examinations to provide information needed for admission to school, consideration for jobs, or eligibility for insurance coverage.
17. Provides direct patient care as needed and appropriate to serve the community in accordance with the organizations Health Care Plan.
18. Provides appropriate documentation of clinical care provided in a timely manner. This includes maintenance of patient charts in accordance with clinic protocols, and timely documentation of clinical procedures on encounter forms.
19. Complies with regulations regarding consultations and other services as required by patients insurance coverage.
20. Complies with Joint Commission standards for ambulatory care.
21. Performs timely entry into, and manipulation of, the Electronic Health Record.
22. Provides clinical leadership and acts as a resource to other members of the health care team, patients, or other members of the community.
23. Provides clinical supervision and acts as a resource to nurse practitioners working in the clinic as appropriate.
24. Works with center manager to facilitate smooth operation of clinic flow.
25. Assures quality of patient care by participating in the organizations Performance Improvement activities.
26. Cooperates with compliance review activities.
27. Submits information needed for credentialing files in a timely manner.
28. When needed, assists the Safety Officer with employee health activities, especially in the event of an exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
29. Participates in team/staff meetings; attends in-service meetings and applicable workshops.
30. Performs any and all other duties required to provide for optimal patient care.
1. Mid-level Providers
2. Students, interns, fellows and the like
1. Current License to practice medicine in the State of Maryland.
2. Current Maryland prescriber number, and current D.E.A. and C.D.S. License.
3. Board certification or eligibility in a primary care specialty. Board certification preferred, certification expected within one year of employment.
4. Insurability (malpractice)
5. Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certificate (CPR)
6. ACLS or Advanced Life Support within 12 months of employment, if appropriate
Core Competencies Needed
Problem Solving Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Communication Skills - Listen and verbally in order to solve problems and provide information and direction, ensuring the experience is a positive one. Record issues and resolutions to maintain accurate records and data for further analysis by management.
Analytical Skills - The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach. Possess creative thinking, learning, systems thinking and problem solving. Must be effective at defining and solving problems in order to ensure that the real, underlying challenge is understood and that solutions actually address it.
Healthcare Systems - Knowledge of healthcare and medical terminology.
Organizational Skills - Effectively managing tasks and information and organize information to ensure a timely response to questions. Develops and uses systems to organize and keep track of information or work progress.
Results Orientation The ability to focus on the desired results, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
Time Management - Understands what is required and prioritizes to get tasks/projects completed and establishes/implements an effective course of action (ex. establishes appropriate deadlines). Reprioritizes work efforts based on changing situations and emerging issues (e.g., in response to organizational, systems, and/or schedule changes).
Collaboration - Engages others by gathering multiple views and being open to diverse perspectives, focusing on a shared purpose that puts the organization overall success first.
This job operates in an outpatient office environment. This role is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and high stress situations or events.
Physical and Mental Demands
1. Ability to cope with stress.
2. The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office
3. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
4. The person in this position frequently communicates with patients and/or employees. Must be able to summarize and exchange accurate information.
5. Must be able to lift or catch patient weighing more than 50 pounds in the event of emergency.
6. Performs with frequent interruption or distractions.
7. Adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate.
8. Ability to interact appropriately with colleagues for different purposes in different context.
9. Ability to perceive the nature of sound.
10. Expressing or exchanging information by means of the spoken word, or to convey detailed spoken instructions accurately, loudly or quickly.
11. Ability to judge distances and spatial relationships to perceive objects where and as they actually are.
12. Cognitive ability to analyze, count, summarize and synthesize information from multiple sources.
13. Ability to recognize social or professional behavioral cues.
Ability to read and interpret written or verbal documents and instructions. Ability to speak effectively to patients, employees and/or stakeholders of the organization.
Must be able to drive between Greater Baden Medical Services, Inc. locations.
View Full Employer Profile