Job ID: 289439329
Last Updated: 2/28/2017
Elizabeth Ann Hagan-Grigsby
Chief Executive Officer
Position Title: Physician (Family Practitioner, Pediatrician, Internist,
Medicine/Pediatrics, General Practitioner)
Reports To: Chief Medical Officer
Approved By: CEO
Responsible for providing medical care according to the statutes of the Commonwealth and the policies of the Park Duvalle Community Health Center.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
1. Provides medical care for eligible persons.
2. Maintains accurate and up-to-date medical records of all patients treated, using appropriate medical record techniques in electronic health records system.
3. Attends continuing education courses.
4. Demonstrates thorough understanding of patient rights and commitment to the maintenance of confidentiality of all medical information concerning patients.
5. Participates in Quality Assurance program.
6. Participates in 24-hour after hours telephone coverage.
7. Participates in hospital rounds of Center patients.
8. Maintains a minimum of 4,200 encounters annually.
Informational: Knowledge of the field and practice of medicine in community health center settings; of health care delivery mechanisms, strategies, standards and goals; of trends, issues, laws and regulations associated with the delivery of primary health care.
Interpersonal: Capable of being a member of a clinical staff; of promoting collaborative relationships; of communicating clearly and verifying that communication is understood; of working with a variety of patients, staff members and colleagues; of counseling; of negotiation; of a sense of humor.
Intellectual: Able to problem solve using a variety of resources; to analyze, synthesize and communicate complex data and clinical information; to interpret and to explain and respond to questions; to develop diagnoses based on test information, observation and patient reports.
Principal Contacts: Patients, Clinical Staff, Departmental Staff
Meetings: Weekly Department Meeting; Monthly Medical Staff meeting
Reports: Patient History, Progress Notes
Valid License to practice medicine in the Commonwealth of Kentucky
Completion of an approved residency program in Pediatrics, Internal Medicine, Medicine/Pediatrics or Family Practice or three (3) years practical experience after graduation from an accredited medical school (preferred)
Professional: Professional Continuing Education
Medical Staff Membership (courtesy or active) in local hospital(s)
Additional Requirements: Background Check, National Practitioner Databank Query, HHS OIG Exclusions List Query
View Full Employer Profile