Job ID: 289534726
Last Updated: 12/11/2017
Klamath Tribal Health & Family Services
The Medical Director is responsible for the coordination and oversight of the medical care and quality of services provided for the Native American population residing in the service area of the Klamath Tribes. This position will serve as a member of the Administrative Management team and will collaborate with the Health General Manager of the Klamath Tribes in the development of services and programs provided by Klamath Tribal Health & Family Services (KTHFS). The Medical Director will ensure proper functioning of day-to-day clinical operations of the Medical Clinic, in coordination with other staff, to provide consistent quality of care. The Medical Director will partner with the Health General Manager and the clinic administrative staff on all clinic operations and projects. The Medical Director will also provide direct patient care services, providing quality, compassionate and culturally sensitive care for patients of KTHFS in accordance with national medical standards of care. This will include care within the KTHFS Medical Clinic, homes, schools, clinics, alternate job sites and other community locations within the Klamath Tribes Service Area. Under the direction of the Health General Manager, the Medical Director will serve as the lead clinician in charge of all aspects of medical care services.
1. Provide a full range of outpatient services; including examination, diagnosis and treatment of both chronic and acute episodic illness and minor injuries; write prescriptions and perform office procedures within the scope of expertise, protocols and available equipment.
2. Provide oversight of the delivery of medical care by clinical staff through direct supervision; serve as a mentor and manage the resolution of practice related problems with providers and staff.
3. In partnership with the Health General Manager, and the clinic administrative staff, provide mission-driven leadership within the organization and serve as a staunch protector of Patient Rights.
4. Demonstrate commitment to and understanding of the Core Values of KTHFS, by modeling service excellence in all internal and external relationships, addressing service excellence deficits with staff, and in the performance of all duties and responsibilities of this position.
5. Advise the Health General Manager, Health Advisory Committee and Tribal Council on Medical Department matters; including decisions, program planning and policies affecting the health care of patients; this will include patient communication on all clinical quality improvement efforts as well as patient education topics.
6. Ensure clinical policies, procedures and protocols are based on clinical best practices and guidelines.
7. Responsible for the supervision of Medical Providers and auxiliary staff, as per chain of command; including setting performance criteria and monitoring the day to day performance.
8. Responsible for regular review of provider documentation; including Chart Review and Peer Review. Ensure all patient related documentation follows applicable federal and state regulations, and is completed accurately using appropriate diagnostic and E&M coding.
9. Develop and implement a systematic program for Peer Review in accordance with current accreditation standards of the AAAHC. The results of this program will be communicated regularly to the Health General Manager and Governing Body.
Employees are eligible for benefits the first day of the month following date of hire.
Fully paid Employee Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance; partial cost for dependents
$50,000 Life & Accident/Disability Insurance with option for employee buy up to $300K
Equivalent of 3% of salary paid into employees 401(k) retirement plan; no match required; 100% vested upon deposit
$200.00 per month Flexible Spending allocation ($2400 annually)
125 Cafeteria (FSA) Plan
Monday through Friday work week (no weekends, unless for special events)
14 Paid Holidays
Paid Bereavement Leave
16 hours Paid Personal Leave per year
Sick Leave Accrual (4 hours per pay period = 13 paid days per year; carry over allowed)
Annual Leave Accrual (Providers accrue 6.16 hours every 2 weeks = 4 weeks per year, up to 240 hours maximum)
30 minute appointment slots
Assigned team, includes RN and MA
No on call responsibilities, weekends or nights
No inpatient work
RNs does your routine med refills
3 onsite clinical pharmacists on staff
Pain management committee
Annual pay increase
Sign on and retention bonuses
Student Loan Repayment
Eligible for annual pay increases
Cost of Living Adjustments as approved by Tribal Council
View Full Employer Profile