Job ID: 289697963
Last Updated: 9/10/2021
Omni Family Health
Psychiatrist-------Best cost of living in California * $50K Sign On Bonus + Retention Bonus!
Job Summary: Under clear directive from the Director of Behavioral Health and Chief Medical Officer, the staff psychiatrist is responsible for the psychiatric, diagnostic, and therapeutic services. Responsible for psychiatric services to outpatient population of Omni Family Health (OFH).
1. Provide psychiatric, diagnostic, and therapeutic services to patients.
2. Conduct psychiatric examinations and evaluations.
3. Makes diagnoses and prescribes therapy.
4. Conducts individual and group psychotherapy.
5. Consults with psychologists, social workers, and others in community agencies regarding the psychiatric aspects of their work.
6. Confers with patients' relatives regarding illness and treatment.
7. Appropriately maintains medical records and prepares reports.
8. Assists in establishing psychiatric programs and policies.
9. Other duties as required by the funding agencies to carry out contractual agreement and/or as established by the Omni Family Health, Management and Board of Directors.
a. Must become familiar with the Federal and State rules, regulations, and practices in a Community
b. Become familiar with Federal and State Health care program requirements and assist in carrying out
c. Assist in developing the health care plan and review of the program requirements, and recommend
changes when necessary to carry out the health plan as required.
10. Other responsibilities as assigned by the Chief Medical Officer.
1. HIPAA compliance - Responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all H.I.P.A.A. regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
2. Compliance - Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
3. QA/QI - Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
4. IT - Required to learn and use the EHR/EOHR (Medical Practice Electronic System) and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include NextGen, PMS, QSI and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment.
5. All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
1. Graduate from an accredited medical school.
2. Possession of current license to practice as a psychiatrist as granted by the California State
Board of Psychology in another state and eligible for a waiver to work in Public Mental Health.
3. Satisfactory completion of a four year residency training program in psychiatry approved by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
4. Knowledge of the principles of psychology applicable to care, treatment and rehabilitation of
children and adults with behavioral, developmental or psychological disturbances.
5. Interest in designing and evaluating an efficient psychiatric care system in a community health center setting.
6. Knowledge of record keeping and report writing techniques.
7. Ability to organize and carry out new programs and procedures.
8. Promotes and believes in OFH mission statement.
9. Ability to relate to public regardless of ethnic, religious and economic status.
Responsible To: Chief Medical Officer/ Psychiatric
Classification: Full or Part Time Position, Exempt
View Full Employer Profile