Job ID: 289718044
Last Updated: 5/10/2019
Non profit clinic
Well established, comprehensive reproductive health clinic in Memphis, TN seeks experienced MD or DO to serve as Medical Director and direct care provider for planned programmatic and physical expansion.
This dynamic nonprofit clinic has a distinguished 40+ year history and a creative and progressive practice environment. New health center under construction includes an out-of-hospital birthing center. Clinical services include abortion, general gynecology, LGBTQ health, family planning, midwifery. Open to addition of family practice, research or special projects, specific areas of care. Responsibilities 40% administrative, 60% direct care. Competitive salary & benefits including 401K. Relocation expenses provided.
1. Oversees all medical, clinical and nursing personnel, research and operations.
2. Provides vision and leadership to conceive, implement and assess medical goals and objectives.
3. Develops, reviews and revises all medical policies and procedures.
1. Strong public health, equal rights and social and reproductive justice orientation.
2. Familiarity with and support of midwifery model of care.
3. Possession of, or willingness to obtain, valid Tennessee Medical License.
4. MD or DO degree, family medicine, gynecology and/or obstetrics practice experience preferred
5. Experience as Medical Director or in comparable administrative or leadership role.
6. Demonstrated skills in staff management, instruction, and organizational development.
7. Clear and professional verbal and written communication and meeting facilitation skills.
8. Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to handle multiple contracts, projects and tasks.
9. Ability to work with minimum supervision and also function well as a team member.
10. Ability to work with people of diverse cultural, educational, socio-economic, and linguistic backgrounds.
11. Willing to assume positive intentions of colleagues, partners and team members.
12. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Athena Electronic Health Record systems preferred.
Submit cover letter & CV to: Rebecca Terrell, Executive Director, rterrell@MemphisChoices.org
View Full Employer Profile