Job ID: 289888994
Last Updated: 7/14/2020
Chief Human Resource Officer
(219) 885-4264 ext. 2604
II. GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
License to Practice Psychiatrist in the State of Indiana, and:
(a) provide professional psychiatric services in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations;
(b) obtain and maintain privileges on a Hospital Medical Staff
(c) maintain eligibility to participate as a provider in the Medicare and Medicaid Programs;
(d) maintain valid and unrestricted federal and state registrations to prescribe, dispense, and administer controlled substances. Supervise and direct the clinical activities of personnel
performing various types of therapy administered in the care of mental health patients. Perform diagnoses and evaluation of patients in their care.
III. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides direct treatment in the context of individual group, and family setting.
2. Provides case and program consultation and training to staff.
3. May provide clinical supervision to other Center professional staff.
4. Conducts psychiatric and/or diagnostic evaluations.
5. Review and signs patients care treatment plans.
6. Document services provided.
7. Serves as a member of the treatment team.
8. Reexamine clients to determine progress and indication for change or discontinuance of treatment.
9. Prescribes therapeutic medication.
10. Exams and treats patient in various settings, including hospital (only if designated with hospital privileges), and clinic.
11. Admits and treats patient in the hospital (only those with hospital privileges).
12. Manages selected cases according to established protocols.
13. Obtain and maintains medical histories, medical reports and other records.
14. Reviews procedures and test performed on patient and creates plan of care.
15. Reviews and Interpret findings on test performed on patient to determine appropriate plan of care.
16. Must have knowledge of pharmacology, administration of medication and adverse
17. Prescribe medication according to protocols adjust medications when necessary.
18. Interacts with health care professionals and provide necessary care.
19. Provide call coverage, as needed or required.
20. Comply with all medical record chart completion requirements on outpatients as
well as inpatient.
21. Participate in all payor contracts through Edgewater.
22. Maintains credentials as required by certifying/licensing body. Participates in
professional development, CME, and in-service programs as required by position
in a timely manner.
23. Participates in improving organizational performance through involvement in
agency and department quality improvement programs, as needed.
24. Responsible for following all organization and department precautions and
procedures in the performance of all duties to ensure a safe work environment for
self and others.
24. Promotes effective working relationships and works effectively as part of the
departmental team to facilitate the meeting of departmental goals and objectives.
27. Must demonstrate knowledge of medical policies and procedures and handle medical tools and equipment effectively (i.e. stethoscope, blood pressure cuff,
audio scope, etc.).
28. Must have knowledge of crisis and medical emergency protocol, be able to administer First Aid as needed.
29. Must have knowledge of infection control procedures.
30. Assesses physical needs of patients and confer with specialist physician when necessary.
31. Interfacing and networking with outside contacts.
32. Provide over all Medical directions and maintain medical protocols.
33. Maintain a minimum of the companys productivity requirements 100% of the 75% requirement at all times.
1. Maintain clinical and management records in accordance with assigned Services Programs.
2. Develops and implements policies and procedures and monitors infection control for facility.
3. Other responsibilities and tasks as may from time to time be assigned.
1. Conduct all professional activity in an ethical manner.
2. Conform to all applicable policies and procedures.
3. Consistently complete CME requirements in a timely manner.
4. In conjunction with other staff assist in identifying and eliminating any situation which jeopardizes the health and/or safety of clients, staff, or others who come in contact with
community mental health center operations.
5. Utilize literature, workshops and other training aids to continually improve clinical and administrative skills.
6. In conjunction with supervisor, complete and implement Individual Professional Development Plan.
7. Assist in assuring Edgewater Systems compliance with all related licensing and accreditation requirements.
Chief Medical Officer
Education - Degree from an accredited Medical School program is required.
Licensures/Certifications - A current Indiana license as an Indiana Psychiatrist.
Experience Minimum of one year experience in adult medicine or general medicine.
Other Must possess a valid drivers license.
Furnish own inspected, automobile as needed for job.
A good driving record.
Appropriate automobile insurance and valid license tags.
View Full Employer Profile