Job ID: 289936648
Last Updated: 3/1/2021
As one of the nations leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children even those who may never enter our doors through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion guide our growth and strategy. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about, and committed to leading efforts to provide culturally relevant care, reducing health disparities, and helping build a diverse and inclusive team environment. All Nemours associates are expected to ensure that these philosophies are embedded in their day to day work with colleagues, patients and families.
Nemours is seeking a Medical Assistant(Full-Time) to join our Nemours Children's Specialty Care team in Jacksonville, Florida.
At our three clinic locations in the Jacksonville area, Nemours is a leading provider of pediatric specialty care in north Florida with many of our pediatric specialists regularly recognized as the Best Doctors in America. We offer comprehensive, family-centered care in more than 30 pediatric specialties. Several of those specialties, offered in collaboration with Wolfson Childrens Hospital, have been named among the best in the country by U.S. News World Report.
The Medical Assistant is an important liaison between the patient/family, provider, and other care team members.The Medical Assistant will coordinate patient flow, review charts and update with most current information, ensure the appropriate paperwork accompanies the patient to the room and enter pertinent history in the medical record.The MA performs clinical procedures in accordance with divisional responsibilities, as directed by physician, and per protocol.
Deliver excellent customer service to the patients/families and other care providers. Focusing on family-centered care. Demonstrates proficiency in entering radiology and lab orders as directed by physician and in accordance with approved protocols/standing orders. Room patients ensuring appropriate documents are with the patient, up to and including required diagnostic reports. Perform the following in accordance with divisional responsibilities, as directed by physician, and per protocol.Performing clinical procedures, to include but not limited to the following:
- performing aseptic procedures
- taking vital signs
- preparing patients for the providers care
- performing venipunctures and non-intravenous injections
- observing and reporting patients signs and symptoms
- Administering basic first aid.
- Assisting with patient examination/treatment.
- Operate required medical equipment
- Perform and collect routine laboratory specimens
- Administering medication
- Perform office procedures including all general administrative duties as required (i.e. scanning, filing, faxing). Act as a liaison between support services and other clinical divisions. Clean, prepare and stock exam, treatment and medication rooms for daily activity. Obtain authorizations according to the patients insurance policy for any tests, therapies, DME, etc. ordered by the provider. Act as a backup to other medical assistants needed. This is to include all clinics locations. Additional miscellaneous duties and responsibilities, as may be assigned from time to time by employees manager.
- High School Diploma- Prefer completion of medical assistant school.
- BLS Certification within three months of employment and continue to maintain current BLS
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred
- 3+ month experience required
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique Bridge to a Healthy Future pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
View Full Employer Profile