Job ID: 289947470
Last Updated: 3/1/2021
Fellow, Academic General Pediatrics
As one of the nations leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children even those who may never enter our doors through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion guide our growth and strategy. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about, and committed to leading efforts to provide culturally relevant care, reducing health disparities, and helping build a diverse and inclusive team environment. All Nemours associates are expected to ensure that these philosophies are embedded in their day to day work with colleagues, patients and families.
General Academic Pediatrics Fellowship sponsored by the Division of General Pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics
Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, Delaware
MissionThe Nemours General Academic Pediatrics Fellowship provides comprehensive training in academic general pediatrics and pediatric research. Upon completion of the fellowship, our fellows are expected to be competitive for general academic faculty positions at major institutions. Most important, they should be confident in their skills to function as an academic clinician focusing on education, research, advocacy, or population health.
TracksThe two year program (60% research, 40% clinical) provides comprehensive training in general pediatrics with specific focus in the following tracks as per the fellows clinical interests: complex care (inpatient and outpatient), pediatric Access clinics (developmental-behavioral pediatrics, gastroenterology, dermatology, headache/concussion, enuresis, and obesity) and continuity clinics, as well as clinical and translational pediatric research. Fellows in the program will have a diverse clinical training, research training and experience in order to expand their skill set and knowledge base.
ResourcesThe fellow will have access to the following:
- Interaction with other subspecialty fellows through didactic lectures and research series training courses;
- Mentoring and Research education resources at the Delaware Center for Translational Research/ACCEL program at Nemours;
- Collaboration with members of our multidisciplinary clinical teams; and
- Access to professional development.
Masters in Public HealthAn optional but encouraged Masters of Science in Public Health (or equivalent other advanced degree) at Thomas Jefferson University can provide fellows with additional training.
Program DirectorMatthew D. Di Guglielmo MD PhD
Program Coordinator Fran Hackett, MHA
Additional Faculty from multiple Divisions
ELIGIBILITY OF CANDIDATES SOUGHT
- Completed a 3 year accredited pediatric residency program
- Board eligible/board certified in pediatrics
- If a graduate of a medical school outside the United States, Canada or Puerto Rico, a valid ECFMG certificate or one that does not expire prior to the start of the fellowship
- If not a citizen of the United States or permanent resident, copy of current and appropriate visa
- Application Form including a curriculum vitae and recent photograph
- Personal Statement of 2 pages or less
- Describe reason for pursuing general academic pediatrics fellowship
- Describe research and clinical interests, project ideas
- Describe career goals
- Letters of Recommendations (minimum 3)
One from pediatric residency program director
Two other letters supporting your candidacy
Portfolio of prior work (research or QI)
Fellowship begins July 1, 2021
Applications must be received beforeMarch 15, 2021
Interview Opportunities February- April 2021
Matthew D. Di Guglielmo MD PhD
Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Sidney Kimmel Medical College
Chief, Division of General Pediatrics, Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children
Use the following link to learn more: https://www.nemours.org/education/gme/fellowships/academic-general-pediatrics.html
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique Bridge to a Healthy Future pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
View Full Employer Profile