Job ID: 289980332
Last Updated: 3/1/2021
EMT Pediatric Critical Care Transport Team - Days & Rotating
As one of the nation s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children even those who may never enter our doors through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion guide our growth and strategy. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about, and committed to leading efforts to provide culturally relevant care, reducing health disparities, and helping build a diverse and inclusive team environment. All Nemours associates are expected to ensure that these philosophies are embedded in their day to day work with colleagues, patients and families.
An Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), preferably certified as a nationally registered EMT or as a Delaware certified EMT, whose responsibility is the safe and efficient transportation of patients from referring hospitals or to other facilities and destinations. The primary function of the EMT is the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle. The EMT functions during transport as an assistant to the transport Registered Nurse or Respiratory Therapist. All direct care is provided under EMT Certification. Additional skills performed by the EMT are under the direct supervision of transport Team RN/RT and under Medical Command Officer direction.
This position is mostly day shift but will rotate as needed to mids and nights. 36 hours every two weeks.
- Operates the Transport Team ambulance in a safe and efficient manner. Plans and successfully navigates the route to and from Nemours and referring hospitals.
- Reports to manager any change in driving status which could affect the individual s ability to effectively and safety perform the duties of the position
- Acts as part of the patient care team to transport patients safely via ambulance.
- Provides direct patient care under the Delaware Statewide Standard Treatment Protocol and all other state protocols which may pertain.
- Performs Vital Sign assessment including blood pressure, pulse and respiratory rate, temperature, pulse oximetry, and end-tidal CO2 monitoring.
- Performs focused physical assessment.
- Assists in the preparation of stable patients for intra-hospital transport, ensuring compliance with facility transport-regulations, protocol, and procedure under the direction of the RN/RT.
- Complies with established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- Inspects ambulance and equipment to ensure operation and compliance with safety and infection control regulations and standards.
- Completes and transfers patient care information and records
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as assigned by the RN/RT and/or charge nurse
- Must have and maintain a driving record that is acceptable to Nemours insurance carrier
- EVOC (Emergency Vehicle Operators Certificate) or approved equivalent required
- NREMT required and preferably already certified as a DE EMT
- At least 3 years of previous experience as an EMT
- High school diploma or equivalent
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique Bridge to a Healthy Future pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
View Full Employer Profile