Job ID: 289980335
Last Updated: 3/1/2021
As one of the nation s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children even those who may never enter our doors through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion guide our growth and strategy. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about, and committed to leading efforts to provide culturally relevant care, reducing health disparities, and helping build a diverse and inclusive team environment. All Nemours associates are expected to ensure that these philosophies are embedded in their day to day work with colleagues, patients and families.
Nemours is seeking an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) (Endocrinology) FULL-TIME, M-F, 8A-5P to join our Nemours Children's Health System Endocrine team in Jacksonville, FL.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a group of skilled board certified endocrinologists, nurse practitioners and diabetes educators to provide excellent care to children and adolescents with endocrinologic disorders in both our outpatient and inpatient services. Ours is a highly integrated academic division with an active research and education commitment. The individual will serve as a liaison in all aspects of patient care. PNP-BC or FNP-BC and minimum 2 years pediatric nursing experience required. Endocrine experience is preferred but not required, diabetes experience highly desirable, although specialty-specific training will be provided.
With three clinic locations in the Jacksonville area, Nemours is a leading provider of pediatric specialty care in north Florida with many of our pediatric specialists regularly recognized as the "Best Doctors in America ." We offer comprehensive, family-centered care in more than 30 pediatric specialties.
The APRN is a licensed and certified advanced practice nurse with masters or doctoral level education and specialized clinical knowledge, experience, and skills. The APRN provides family centered care in an expanded role that incorporates comprehensive assessment skills, diagnostic ability, critical thinking, independent decision making, collaborative management of health and illness problems, leadership within complex systems, and the ability to critically analyze and translate research findings into practice (ANA, 2008, p. 18). The APRN assumes accountability for professional actions, and incorporates risk management strategies into clinical practice. The APRN works collaboratively to empower children and their families to make informed decisions regarding their health care, including health promotion, prevention of disease or complications, and attainment of a peaceful death, when applicable.
- Provides specialty health care services to children by assessment, diagnosis, management and evaluation of care. Consults with other members of the healthcare team, coordinates care, and makes referrals to other health care providers.
- Functions as a consultant, educator, and resource to colleagues and other disciplines.
- Delivers family centered, evidence based care in a nonjudgmental and nondiscriminatory manner.
- Documents all aspects of health care delivery appropriately, communicating with other providers in the community to promote continuity of care.
- Participates in research and practice evaluation, and utilizes findings to support and advance evidence based practice.
- Protects the human and legal rights of the pediatric patient and family. Adheres to the ANA Code of Ethics for nurses. Maintains confidentiality within legal and regulatory parameters.
- Advocates for the child, and works with families, social service agencies and the courts when there is concern about child abuse, neglect, or other forms of family violence.
- Assumes accountability for professional practice development and supports/contributes to Nursing Shared Governance within the Professional Practice Model.
- Clinical Research Nurse: Acts as a research clinician in all areas of protocol management.
- Master's degree required. PhD or DNP optional.
- Certification and Licensure as a pediatric nurse practitioner (PNP-BC) or family nurse practitioner (FNP-BC). Licensure in the state of Florida is required.
- Two (2) years pediatric clinical experience required (educational experience can be included).
- Two (2) years experience as an ARNP preferred.
- BLS certification is required.
- Diabetes Education Certification (CDE) will be expected after a reasonable employment time
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique Bridge to a Healthy Future pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
View Full Employer Profile