Job ID: 289981806
Last Updated: 2/3/2021
Start Treatment and Recovery Centers
Under the general supervision of the head nurse, physician and physician assistant in the absence of the physician, administers and supervises the administration of nursing services of the medical department in the clinic, including the dispensary and medical unit. Also, is responsible for patient education and education of Licensed Practical Nurses. Reports directly to the Head Nurse and Chief of Medical Unit for clinical matters and the Clinic Director for administrative matters.
- Assures the adequacy of nursing deployment for the dispensary, medical unit and interdisciplinary team meetings (IDT). This includes the provision to the physician of the monthly schedule by day, hour and assignment area of all nurses in the medical department at least ten working days in advance.
- Evaluate with the approval of the clinic physician, all requests from nurses for time off, vacations, etc. and forward copy to the Chief of Medical Unit and Medical Director.
- Assure the adequacy of medication and supplies in the dispensary and medical unit by performing biweekly inventory assessments.
- Provides orientation, training, supervision and performance evaluation of all nurses.
- Provides for the daily listing of patients to whom medication was provided, the weekly intro-clinic reconciliation and the monthly reconciliation report of medication dispensed.
- Assists and supervises the provision of nursing assistance to the physician and physician assistant in the delivery of medical care and services, including new admissions, annual physical examinations, medical follow-up and methadone related medical activities.
- Supervises the maintenance by nursing of the appointment book, the timely entry of medical evaluation data and the maintenance of the daily logbook of medical unit visits.
- Provides the Unit of Medical Services with the daily visit logbook sheets on a weekly basis and serves on one of the Committees of the Unit.
- Responsible for the regular maintenance and inspection of dispensary and medical unit equipment and the emergency medical kit.
- Reports any deviation from dispensing and medication accountability procedures immediately to the physician (or physician assistant) and nursing supervisor.
- Perform any and all tasks necessary to improve the quality of care, to improve the productivity of medical staff, and to improve patient satisfaction with the medical/nursing care they receive.
- Perform any and all tasks necessary to enhance reimbursement and reduce denials for services rendered.
- Must possess a current New York State Registered Nurse Licensure.
- Graduated from an accredited School of Registered Professional Nursing.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Three (3) years experience required.
- Must be competent in the use of computerized word-processing, database, spreadsheet, and presentation programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual in any language a plus.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position which are reviewed on each individual case.
While performing the responsibilities of the role, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
View Full Employer Profile