Job ID: 290026243
Last Updated: 7/8/2021
CNA/HHA - Home Health and Hospice
Jamestown Regional Medical Center
HR Generalist & Benefit Specialist
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides basic nursing care to patients, and assists in maintenance of a safe and clean environment under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse in charge of the team.
Provides personal cares which may include tub, shower or bed bath; oral hygiene; shampoo, comb and set hair; dressing and grooming; changing bed linen, shaving; skin care and nail care.
Performs routine treatment procedures such as: positioning patients, lifting and turning patients, applying/utilizing special equipment; assisting in use of bedpan, urinal or commode; ambulating the patient, follows Physical Therapy exercise program, application of anti-embolism stockings, transfers bed/chair.
Performs household duties such as: meal preparation, purchase of groceries, medication and/or supplies in emergency situations as necessary.
Performs general care activities for patients in isolation.
Assists staff nurse in complicated treatment procedures.
Takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration, weight, height, blood pressure and intake/output measurements.
Assists in maintaining a healthy, clean and safe environment for the patients and staff; responsible for safe handling of equipment assigned to patient care.
Reports (and when appropriate, records) any changes observed in condition or behavior of patients and unusual incidents.
Participates in and contributes to Nursing Care Plans.
Establishes and maintains interpersonal relationships with patients, visitors and other hospital personnel, while assuring confidentiality of patient information.
Attends inservice/education programs, as assigned, to learn new treatments, procedures, developmental skills, etc.
Practices careful, efficient and non-wasteful use of supplies and linen, and follows established charge procedure for patient charge items.
Files patient information on charts as directed by Patient Accounts Coordinator or staff.
Complies new charts.
Performs charting of confidential medical reports and data on medical record.
Using established criteria checklists, audits discharged chart for completeness.
Monitors usage of DME.
QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION: (HOME HEALTH NURSE AIDE)
1. PREPARATION AND TRAINING Work requires a high school level of knowledge in order to understand and follow written and oral instructions and to deal effectively with other people. Must successfully complete certification test at testing site, or have completed course work in a nursing or vocational program to satisfy requirements for placement on the ND Department of Health Nurse Assistant and Home Health Aide registry. Will also successfully pass skills test as administered by experienced professional Home Health staff members.
2. WORK EXPERIENCE Previous work experience in past 3 years required. Preference for a minimum of six months experience as a nursing aide in acute care or long-term care health facility or for completion of Health Aide Program through Vocational Education or approved nursing aide training program.
3. ANALYTICAL ABILITY Analysis involves comparison between numbers, letters and includes making routine clinical observations.
4. INDEPENDENT JUDGEMENT Works in accordance with standard nursing practices; non-routine problems are referred to primary nurse. Must be able to assess changes in patient's condition and notify primary nurse.
5. CONTACTS WITH OTHERS Very frequent contact with others must demonstrate social sensitivity and the ability to communicate effectively. Aware of high degree of visibility in community, representing JRMC Home Health Agency.
6. SUPERVISING THE WORK OF OTHERS Responsible for own work. Little or no responsibility for work of others.
7. RESPONSIBILITY FOR WELFARE OF OTHERS Has frequent contact with patients and other employees which may result in minor discomfort and delay to others.
8. MENTAL/VISUAL EFFORT Occasional requirement to exert a high level of mental/visual effort. Visual acuity and color perception necessary for performing routine procedures. Must be mentally alert and display a mature attitude. Must follow all policies and procedures of JRMC Home Health Agency.
9. WORKING CONDITIONS OSHA job classification: This position is defined as a Category I in which the employee does have exposure to bloodborne pathogens. Must practice aseptic techniques and observe Standard Precautions. Participates in and complies with JRMC Safety Management program. Position requires frequent lifting, bending, walking; exposure to patients with infectious diseases, odor and unsanitary conditions within patient's residence. Exposure to elements at higher risk than usual due to extensive travel by car and working in adverse conditions in residences.
10. BACKGROUND CHECK Background check is required for this position.
11. OTHER Position requires the individual to provide a vehicle for transportation to and from home visits. Must hold a current unencumbered North Dakota Driver's license and appropriate automobile insurance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required to personnel so classified.
CHECK OUT OUR OPENINGS
Go to: www.jrmcnd.com/careers if interested JRMC positions or go to https://careers-jrmcnd.icims.com/jobs/1824/cna-hha---home-health-%26-hospice/job for this position.
JRMC has made a firm and measurable commitment to excellence. A commitment to excellence positively impacts the bottom line while allowing our organization to live out its mission and values. It is our mission to exceed expectations and be THE difference in the lives of those we serve.
It is our vision to make JRMC the best rural hospital in the country for patients to receive care, employees to work and providers to practice.
Contact JRMC Human Resources
2422 20th Street SW, Jamestown, ND 58401
8 a.m. 4:30 p.m.
o competitive salary
o immediate benefit package: medical insurance with two plans, life insurance, flex plans, health savings account (HSA), long-term disability
o contributed 401K retirement plan
o paid time off (PTO) including short-term disability
o vision & dental plans
o critical illness & accidental packages
o employee fitness program
o wage increases
o annual service award
o continued education and training
View Full Employer Profile