Job ID: 290026455
Last Updated: 7/12/2021
Head of Recruitment/Associate Director of HR
BASIC FUNCTIONS: The Staff Physician is responsible for providing highest quality of medical care and auxiliary functions for Clinicas patients. In conjunction with the nurse practitioner and/or the physician assistant, participates in developing, executing, and periodically reviewing the Clinics written policies and services provided to Federal program patients.
1. Provides highest standard of outpatient and in-hospital medical care to patients. Including examination, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation.
2. Takes responsibility for all his activities. Including accurate charting, good documentation of history, physical findings and assessment and treatment plans; and keeps track of all seriously ill patients this physician sees.
3. Responsible for proper case management for patients with chronic conditions.
4. Adheres to Clinicas medical and administrative protocols and ethics.
5. Consults Medical Director on problems in diagnosis or management of patients.
6. Arranges timely consultations with specialists when needed by the patients.
7. Participates in all staff meetings and should give input for continuing improvement of the clinic.
8. Prescribes essential medicine to patients in connection to their treatment.
9. Performs related duties as directed by Medical Director and Clinic Administrator.
10. Knowledge and implementation of community-based, patient-centered medical home (PCMH) process with appropriate coordination of care.
11. Helps and facilitates Audits for meeting State and Federal regulations.
12. Serve as preceptor for Medical students and students for Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant programs as requested.
13. Responsible as a member of the health care team in participating in daily team meetings/huddles.
14. Support Nursing Staff and facilitate in implementing policies, procedures, and the PCMH process.
15. The Provider will be required to rotate between all the Health Clinics, as needed and/or indicated by the CEO and /or Medical Director.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an accredited medical school. Extensive knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of a branch of medicine. Considerable professional experience in one or more branches of medicine. Must have license to practice in California, current DEA Certificate and CPR card. Maintain adequate certification updated.
WORK DIRECTION, LEAD AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITES:
Supervise Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant if requested.
PHYSICAL EFFORTS: Ability to plan, direct, conduct and present research results in oral or written forms. Willingness to work off hours and overtime to attend to patients. In good physical and mental health and should be able to handle acute clinical situations or emergencies without panicking. Should be able to make correct decisions that diagnosis and management without reservations. Stand for long periods of time, constantly bending. Work is performed under stressful conditions.
CONTACTS: Patients, doctors, and public.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed under stressful conditions. Must comply with the Clinicas HIPPAA Corporate Compliance Program.
Maintain privacy of all patient, employee and volunteer information and access such information only on a need to know basis for business purposes.
Comply with all regulations regarding corporate integrity and security obligations. Report unethical, fraudulent or unlawful behavior or activity.
View Full Employer Profile