Job ID: 290036506
Last Updated: 8/3/2021
Jamestown Regional Medical Center
HR Generalist & Benefit Specialist
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Under the supervision of the Radiology Manager, assists in implementing and evaluating the activities occurring in the Radiology Department by assisting Technologists with patient care, reviewing upcoming scheduled appointment, completing routine checklists, maintaining the physical environment of the department, and completing other duties as assigned.
Interacts with patients of all age groups (infants, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, geriatrics) while performing duties. Properly identifies patient, using at least two patient identifiers when providing care, treatment or services.
Courteously answers the telephone, takes messages, and communicates messages to the appropriate person.
Using guidelines developed by the Pharmacy Department and working under the supervision of the Radiologist, dispenses CT oral contrast preps to patients scheduled for CT abdomen, CT pelvis, and CT abdomen/pelvis procedures.
Works with the PACS system to display, retrieve, and distribute digital images.
Assists patients and visitors in the Radiology Department as needed.
Prepares and keeps current all forms and delivers them to the proper department as necessary.
Assists in compiling data for Quality Management reports.
Assists in orientation of new staff to aide duties of the unit.
Performs Radiology Aide duties to patients of all age groups (infancy, childhood, adolescent, adult, and geriatric). These duties include, providing assistance with lifting and transporting patients, room turnover between patients, and review of daily schedule to coordinate and assist Radiologic Technologists with patient care.
Assists Radiology Clerk with review of future scheduled appointments to assure accuracy and completeness.
Uses proper handwashing technique and follow hand hygiene guidelines to reduce the transmission of infection agents to patients and staff. Follows organizations process for effective hand off communication between nursing units and other departments that includes up to date information regarding patients care, treatment and services, condition and any recent anticipated changes and includes interactive communication with an opportunity for questioning between the giver and receiver of information.
Performs basic departmental tasks i.e. maintenance, cleaning, stocking, clerical, etc.
Explains charges and answers other related inquiries from patients and their families. Refers patients/families to the Radiology Manager or Radiologist for assistance or information as required.
Maintains confidentiality of patient information for HIPAA compliance.
Works with other staff in the department to maintain a state of JCAHO readiness.
Follows guidelines outlined in the Corporate Compliance Plan and Code of Conduct.
Practices Standards of Behavior at all times.
Practices AIDET and uses HEAT techniques to promote patient/customer satisfaction.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required to personnel so classified.
QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION: (RADIOLOGY AIDE)
1. PREPARATION AND TRAINING Work requires high school diploma with six months of technical training in typing, word processing, and recordkeeping preferred.
2. WORK EXPERIENCE Previous work experience of six months in patient care and/or secretary preferred; time to reach competency on the job here three to six months.
3. ANALYTICAL ABILITY Analysis involves accurate interpretation and copying of numbers, letters, simple mathematical calculations that become a part of the medical record. Use of analytical ability is also required when assisting with direct patient care (i.e. assessing patient response to treatment and making adjustments as needed). Requires good organizational skills.
4. INDEPENDENT JUDGEMENT Works under the direct supervision of the Radiology Manager in accordance with established Radiology Department policies and procedures; non routine problems are referred to the Radiology Manager. Errors in judgment may moderately impact in time public relations or costs primarily within the Radiology Department; must be able to establish priorities of duties to be completed.
5. CONTACTS WITH OTHERS High degree of duties involve contact with others; imperative that this person maintain good relationships with co workers, patients families and visitors; must be tactful and maintain telephone courtesy; must be able to exchange information on a factual basis, dispatch verbal or written messages as directed on a timely basis and perform other activities which require courtesy and tact.
6. SUPERVISING THE WORK OF OTHERS Works independently and is responsible for own work.
7. RESPONSIBILITY FOR WELFARE OF OTHERS Failure to make timely contacts with other employees or departments may result in delays or confusion to patients or co workers; responsible for maintaining absolute confidentiality of information; may be required to assist a technologist in the performance of a procedure if needed.
8. MENTAL/VISUAL EFFORT Must be able to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner. Work regularly requires the employee to exert a constant level of mental/visual effort; must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
9. WORKING CONDITIONS Majority of position requirements are done within the Radiology Department; walking, lifting and bending are needed when performing aide responsibilities; is subject to frequent interruptions. Requires participation in and complies with JRMC Safety Management Program. Maintains knowledge of and observes Standard Precautions. Practices aseptic techniques whenever appropriate. OSHA Job Classification: This position is defined as a Category I: Employee does have exposure to blood-borne pathogens.
10. PHYSICAL AND SENSORY EFFORT Must be able to lift, position, push, and/or transfer patients. Job requires frequent reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching. Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients.
11. PROMOTION No formal line of promotion.
CHECK OUT OUR OPENINGS
Go to: www.jrmcnd.com/careers if interested in JRMC positions or go to https://careers-jrmcnd.icims.com/jobs/2016/radiology-aide/job.
JRMC has made a firm and measurable commitment to excellence. A commitment to excellence positively impacts the bottom line while allowing our organization to live out its mission and values.
It is our mission to exceed expectations and be THE difference in the lives of those we serve.
It is our vision to make JRMC the best rural hospital in the country for patients to receive care, employees to work and providers to practice.
Contact JRMC Human Resources
2422 20th Street SW, Jamestown, ND 58401
8 a.m. 4:30 p.m.
o competitive salary
o immediate benefit package: medical insurance with two plans, life insurance, flex plans, health savings account (HSA), long-term disability
o contributed 401K retirement plan
o paid time off (PTO) including short-term disability
o vision & dental plans
o critical illness & accidental packages
o employee fitness program
o wage increases
o annual service award
o continued education and training
o onsite cafeteria and coffee shop
And a great community in which to live.
View Full Employer Profile