Job ID: 290060610
Last Updated: 1/13/2022
Licensed Practical Nurse
Spectrum Healthcare Resources has an opportunity for a civilian Licensed Practical Nurse at our Fairfax Health Clinic in support of Ft. Belvoir Community Hospital.
- This position provides nursing services in support of patient care and treatment.
- Obtain patient history and pertinent family history.
- Perform quality control checks and operator maintenance for a variety of patient care equipment.
- Assist in identifying patient needs and implementing the plan of care.
- Document care given and patient response in the medical record.
- Prepare patient for physical examination.
- Carry out nursing director, registered nurse and physician orders and document in patient medical record.
- Retrieve and enter pertinent data in CHCS (CHCSII) and other computer based systems. Communicate pertinent patient data to the appropriate provider.
- Possess knowledge of actions and usual dosages of most commonly used ambulatory clinic drugs and record in medical record.
- Recognize emergency situations and initiate appropriate resuscitative measures.
- Assist in patient family education regarding prescribed procedures.
- Assess patient family knowledge level, implement plan of instructions and record patient family demonstrated level of understanding.
- Participate in monitoring quality of care according to professional standards and established procedures.
- Assist with clinic related administrative tasks.
- Prepares and administers routine immunizations to pediatric and adult patients.
- Assist with other duties as needed and assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) School.
- Possess a valid, current license (with no limitations, stipulations, or pending adverse actions) to practice nursing as a LPN and be licensed to practice as a LPN in at least one state in the United States.
- One year related experience preferred.
- Have and maintain current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS).
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
- Have knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry, and automated records.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Militaryand VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinicsand other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR isthe military staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organizationthat serves 850 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,600 affiliated health care professionals.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE/Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
View Full Employer Profile