Job ID: 290062962
Last Updated: 1/3/2022
Medical Administration Specialist
Mountain Home AFB
Mountain Home AFB,
Spectrum Healthcare Resources has an opportunity for a civilianMedical Administration Specialistat Mountain Home Air Force Base in Idaho, 55 miles southeast of Boise.
This contract position offers:
- Full-time position |40 hours per week
- Monday through Friday| Paid time off
- A full complement of benefits to include medical, dental, vision, 401k, and more!
The position requirements are as follows:
- Bachelor's or Master's in health care administration, business, information management, or related field is preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience with the administrationin a medical setting
The primary responsibilities include:
- Reviews health care delivery plans; identifies market forces, patient and beneficiary demand and otherissues impacting MTF capabilities, access and patient care compliance and/or quality of care and services.
- Projects and studies require analysis of inter-related issues of effectiveness, efficiency, productivity andcustomer satisfaction during both peacetime and wartime.
- Researches and analyzes complex health care operations. Prepares presentations, project papers, staffand biometric reports and other medical administrative correspondence; delivers to senior MTFmanagement.
- Uses business intelligence applications to extract, manipulate, format, and from various Governmentcomputer systems. May maintain metadata, or design basic databases.
- Notifies and directs professional staff and other medical administrative personnel regarding process,policy and requirements.
- Using analytical skills and tested methodologies, conducts studies in support of various projects,program, processes or initiatives covering all aspects of military health care activities. Projects may becomplicated by regulatory requirements, long-range projections and objectives, and/or political andeconomic uncertainties.
- Validates and implements MTF policy in support of hospital accreditation program and qualityimprovement efforts.
- Assists with the development of financial plans and budgets to execute health care activities andinitiatives. Analyzes utilization of funds in collaboration with MTF management.
- Assists with preparations for facility construction, modification and design activities. Researchesrequirements to ensure an adequate patient care facility as well as a safe work environment.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Militaryand VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinicsand other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR isthe military staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organizationthat serves 850 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,600 affiliated health care professionals.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE/Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
View Full Employer Profile