Job ID: 290071585
Last Updated: 11/1/2021
Perioperative Services Scrub Technologist
Bothwell Regional Health Center
BOTHWELL REGIONAL HEALTH CENTER
Job Title: Perioperative Services Scrub Tech
Job Code: 5538
Hours: Various Shifts, possible on call
A. MISSION AND STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR
It is expected that all of the duties and responsibilities of this position will be performed in a manner that reflects the Bothwell Regional Health Center Mission of Working together to provide exceptional health and wellness services. In addition, each employee is expected to demonstrate the Four Key Basics - - Safety, Courtesy, Professionalism, and Efficiency - - in every aspect of the position.
B. SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Scrub Tech must have the skill and knowledge to provide population specific care from newborn through age 105. He/She must have the ability to assess, evaluate, identify, and interpret requirements and needs of the patients and report these findings appropriately to a Registered Nurse. They will work within their scope of practice.
The Scrub Tech reports directly to the RN circulator, charge nurse or team leader.
C. JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Organize and prioritize care by communicating and collaborating with others and implementing multidisciplinary actions to provide a continuity of care.
2. Holds self-accountable and responsible for work performance and continuous improvement of patient in his/her work area and throughout the hospital.
3. Ensures self-compliance with professional, regulatory and government standards of care.
4. Demonstrates the knowledge of needs and task for his/her specific unit
5. Ensures the satisfactory completion of clinical procedures.
a.) Graduate of Scrub Technician program.
a.) Must have a valid, current MO Scrub Technician license
b.) BLS certification required within 6 months of employment
3. Work Experience
a.) Successful completion of hospital orientation
E. WORKING CONDITIONS
1. Direct patient contact, possible exposure to infections, communicable diseases and bloodborne pathogens.
2. Occasionally exposed to radiation and electromechanical hazards.
3. Works indoors in well-lighted and ventilated environment.
4. Handles emergency or crisis situations
5. Occasionally subjected to irregular hours
6. Subjected to frequent interruptions.
7. Comply with ADA guidelines
8. On call response time as dictated per unit policy
View Full Employer Profile