Job ID: 290071661
Last Updated: 11/1/2021
RN - CCU; 7pm-7am; Every Other Weekend; 72 hours ppd
Bothwell Regional Health Center
BOTHWELL REGIONAL HEALTH CENTER
Job Title: CCU RN/GN
Job Code: 5565 / 5560
Hours: Various Shifts
A. MISSION AND STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR
It is expected that all of the duties and responsibilities of this position will be performed in a manner that reflects the Bothwell Regional Health Center Mission of Working together to provide exceptional health and wellness services. In addition, each employee is expected to demonstrate the Four Key Basics - - Safety, Courtesy, Professionalism, and Efficiency - - in every aspect of the position.
B. SUMMARY OF POSITION
The RN / GN must have the skill and knowledge to provide population specific care. He/She must have the ability to assess, evaluate, identify, and interpret the requirement and needs of the critically ill patients and perform based on those findings. Care includes but is not limited to: Cardiac Monitoring, Hemodynamic Monitoring, Ventilator dependent patient (Acute and long term), Temporary and permanent pacemakers, Balloon pump.
The RN / GN reports directly to Charge Nurse/Supervisor/Director.
C. JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Provides leadership for the unit by organizing and prioritizing care by communicating and collaborating with others and implementing multidisciplinary actions to provide a continuity of care.
2. Holds self and other staff members accountable and responsible for work performance and continuous improvement of patient in his/her work area and throughout the hospital.
3. Ensures self-compliance with professional, regulatory and government standards of care.
4. Demonstrates the knowledge of needs and task for his/her specific unit.
5. Ensures the satisfactory completion of clinical procedures, documentation, educational and procedural teaching of the patient.
a.) RN graduate of Accredited School of Nursing
a.) Must have valid, current license by the Missouri State Board of Nursing.
b.) Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification/Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) within 1 year of hire
c.) Basic Dysrhythmia class.
d.) ACLS Provider within 1 year of hire
e.) PALS within 1 year of hire
f.) Prefer 12-Lead EKG.
3. Work Experience
a.) Prefer one year experience as medical/surgical staff nurse.
b.) Successful completion of hospital orientation
E. WORKING CONDITIONS
1. Direct patient contact, possible exposure to infections, communicable diseases and bloodborne pathogens.
2. Occasionally exposed to radiation and electromechanical hazards.
3. Works indoors in well-lighted and ventilated environment.
4. Handles emergency or crisis situations.
5. Occasionally subjected to irregular hours.
6. Subjected to frequent interruptions.
7. Comply with ADA guidelines.
View Full Employer Profile