Job ID: 290078898
Last Updated: 11/22/2021
Spectrum Healthcare Resources has a potential full-time opportunity for a Surgical Technician atTravis Air Force Base in Fairfield, CA.
This opportunity offers:
- Monday through Friday | 7:00 am to 4:00 pm
- 40 hours per week | 2 weeks PTO &10 paid Federal Holidays
- Benefits to include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, short-term disability, and more
- License in any state
- Accredited Surgical Technician Degree
- 1 year of experience
Scope of Practice:
- Participates in activities related to the OR and Sterile Processing & Distribution.
- Must be knowledgeable in fundamentals of anatomy and physiology; principles of asepsis and sterile techniques; preparing and storing surgical sets and packs, surgical instrumentation, and equipment; OR and anesthesia procedures; pathology as it applies to specimen care and handling; basic microbiology and infection control principles; basic surgical pharmacology; sterilizing and disinfecting procedures; surgical and anesthesia complications and their treatment; hospital and OR environmental hazards and safety procedures; handling and storage of compressed gases; basic medical material procedures; basic medical administrations procedures; legal aspects of preoperative care and medical ethics; roles and qualifications of surgical team members; and basic clinical functions
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR is the military staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organization that serves 850 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,600 affiliated health care professionals.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE/Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
View Full Employer Profile