Job ID: 290078901
Last Updated: 12/28/2021
Medical Lab Technician/Biomed Lab Scientist
Spectrum Healthcare Resources has a potential opportunity for a Civilian Medical Laboratory Technician/Biomed Lab Scientist at Travis AFB in Fairfield, CA.
This contract position offers:
- Full-time opportunity
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K
- Opportunity to care for Military Families
- Education: Graduate from a medical laboratory technician training program accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) or educational program acceptable to the American Medical Technologist (AMT).
- Certification: Certification/registration as determined by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or AMT as specified in the TO.
- Experience: One year of experience within the last 36 months as specified
- Duties include, but not limited to: Blood Banking (BB); Chemistry (C); Hematology (H); Urinalysis; Serology; Microbiology (M); Molecular Biology (MB); Phlebotomy; Histotechnician (HT); Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT); and Certified Medical Laboratory Assistant (CMLA)
Scope of Practice:
- Prepare specimens for transport to MTF laboratory or for mail out.
- Prepare biological waste for proper disposal.
- Process written and electronic requisitions from health care providers for routine and special laboratory tests.
- Review test results for acceptability and certify reports in the laboratory electronic healthcare system, MHS Genesis.
- Bring to the attention of the section supervisor, pathologist, or general laboratory supervisor any grossly abnormal test result, unusual instrument trouble, or other
problem which cannot be resolved by the incumbent.
- Participate in the prescribed proficiency testing program mandated by the accrediting agency).
- Train new, staff and apprenticeship students in the performance of laboratory testing.
- Notice pertinent morphology/staining details of specimens under microscopic examination
- Receive written requisitions from health care providers for routine and special laboratory tests.
- Participate in hospital trainings, communicate with hospital staff on behalf of the lab and attend organization meetings.
- Act as a technical subject matter expert if needed to maintain CAP standards and checklists.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR is the military staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organization that serves 850 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,600 affiliated health care professionals.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE/Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
View Full Employer Profile