Job ID: 290078903
Last Updated: 12/28/2021
PRN Mammography Technician
Spectrum has an opportunity for a civilianPRN Mammography Tech at the Family Health Center in Fairfax & Dumfries VA.We provide outpatient clinic services for enlisted and retired military personnel in association with Ft. Belvoir Community Hospital.
The Mammography Technologist will be responsible to review patient order, image per protocol, and post-process while following Ft. Belvoir Community Hospital and Dumfries Health Center protocols. This will be accomplished by assisting daily operations as needed and focusing on organizational standards for excellent patient care.
- Prepares patients for mammograms and x-rays, explains procedures, positions and assists patients at end of procedure.
- Obtains quality mammograms and x-rays with the ability to adapt to specific patient morphology.
- Complies with radiation safety guidelines. Operates radiographic equipment safely.
- Perform screening mammography and basic x-ray in an outpatient setting.
- Qualified candidates will have 30-40 hours/week and opportunity for advancement to full time.
- Demonstrates ability to perform all necessary computer operations.
- Render patient care in a professional and courteous manner, explains procedures and provides education to patients and family members.
- Processes mammography results through documentation, letter mailing and calling patients.
- Prepare examination rooms for mammographic and x-ray procedures
- Consistently demonstrates competence in performing mammograms and x-rays.
- Observes patient and equipment during procedure, reports unusual occurrences and records patients condition.
- Follows proper procedure for clerical and administrative tasks as related to job.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age and condition of the patient served.
- Demonstrates knowledge of quality assurance and performs the quality control and certification functions related to mammography.
- Reviews each exam for technical accuracy on all images.
- Successful completion of a program of formal education from an accredited school of radiologic technology as recommended by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology, which has been approved by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA).
- Possess and maintain a current American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) certification, as well as current ARRT Mammography certification (ARRT (M)).
- Minimum of one-year current experience in clinical applications such as screening and diagnostic mammograms, familiarity with radiographic equipment.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of radiation protection standards, devices and techniques, including concepts of accumulated dosage and genetic change, effects of radiation on living organisms and the effects of x-ray technical factors on patients and operator exposure.
- Have and maintain current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS).
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
- Have knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry, and automated records.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR is the military staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organization that serves 850 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,600 affiliated health care professionals.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE/Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
View Full Employer Profile