Job ID: 290079195
Last Updated: 11/24/2021
Spectrum Healthcare Resources has an opportunity for a civilian full-time Pharmacy Tech to join our clinic in Fairfax, VA in support of Ft. Belvoir Community Hospital.
This position provides pharmacy services in support of patient care and treatment.
- Assist licensed Pharmacists provide medication and other health care products to patients.
- Greets members at front desk, enters information about prescriptions into computer system, and prepares medications for approval by pharmacist. May perform the duties of a Pharmacy Inventory Technician or a Pharmacy Admixture Technician.
- Greets members at counter or over the telephone, verifies member's eligibility status, & receives prescriptions from members for pharmaceuticals.
- Enters prescription information into computer system & prints labels for use by pharmacist.
- Perform routine tasks to help prepare prescribed medication, such as counting tablets, requesting drugs from automated cabinet dispenser, reconstituting medications by mixing with fluids, preparing topical ointments, other drugs by mixing prescribed dosages, and labeling bottles for review by pharmacist.
- Calls members to pick-up completed prescription.
- Identifies situations when patient should speak w/ pharmacist regarding use of drugs & asks pharmacist to speak to member. Asks each patient: Have you taken this medication before? Do you have any questions regarding your medication?
- Ensures all Health Care Providers are informed of formulary additions/deletions/out of stock medications, including FDA recalls/warnings.
- May perform administrative duties, such as answering phones, and stocking shelves.
- May receive written prescriptions or requests for prescription refills from patients and also may receive prescriptions sent electronically from the doctors office. They must verify that information on the prescription is complete and accurate.
- For prescription preparation, technicians must retrieve, count, pour, weigh, measure, sometimes mix the medication, and prepare labels.
- Establish and maintain patient profiles, stock and take inventory of prescription and over-the-counter medications.
- Attempts to resolve patient concerns and refers patient to appropriate authority. Provides requested information and assistance whenever possible.
- Assist with other duties as needed and assigned by pharmacist and Pharmacy Director.
The job qualifications for this position are as follows:
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Successful completion of a Pharmacy Technician training course.
- Have and maintain a current National certification as a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) and be registered in the state of Virginia as a Pharmacy Technician.
- Shall have been continuously employed as a CPhT for at least one year prior.
- Have and maintain current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS).
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
- Have knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry, and automated records.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Militaryand VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinicsand other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR isthe military staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organizationthat serves 850 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,600 affiliated health care professionals.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE/Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
View Full Employer Profile