Job ID: 290079440
Last Updated: 11/29/2021
Physical Therapist Assistant
Spectrum Healthcare has an opportunity for a civilian Physical Therapy Assistant at the Family Health Center in Dumfries, VA. We provide outpatient clinic services for enlisted and retired military personnel in association with Ft. Belvoir Community Hospital.
This position provides physical therapy services in support of patient care and treatment.
- Assists physical therapists in providing treatment that improves patient mobility, relieves pain, and prevents or lessons physical disabilities.
- Makes recommendations and utilizes a wide variety of physical therapy modalities.
- Provides patient education for exercises, body mechanics and activities of daily living.
- Progresses patients in exercises as part of a physical therapists plan of care or according to specific protocols.
- Assesses and records patient responses to treatment through progress notes and conferences.
- Maintains work area.
- Maintains departmental supplies/ inventories.
- Maintains Safety and/or Performance Improvement.
- Assist with other duties as needed and assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant Associate Degree program or be a graduate of the U.S. Army Medical Department Center and Schools Physical Therapy program.
Certification as a physical therapy assistant as determined by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), or state licensure as a physical therapy assistant.
- Possess a minimum of one-year experience as a physical therapy assistant within the preceding 3 years OR have graduated from a Physical Therapy Assistant program within the preceding year.
- Have and maintain current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
- Have knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry, and automated records.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR is the military staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organization that serves 850 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,600 affiliated health care professionals.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE/Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
View Full Employer Profile