Job ID: 290082523
Last Updated: 12/28/2021
Ft. Sam Houston
Spectrum Healthcare Resources has a full-time opportunity for a civilian Nurse Practitioner supporting Ft. Sam Houston AFB in San Antonio, TX.
This contract position offers:
- Monday through Friday schedule
- No night, weekend, holiday, or on-call responsibilities
- Clinic hours are 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Outpatient setting
- National certification to work as a nurse practitioner
- Any active nurse practitioner state license
- Two years of recent full-time experiencein a perioperative or other healthcare setting conducting in-depth patient history taking, assessment, and physical examination for all age groups, newborn through geriatrics, having outpatient and inpatient surgery.
- Active BLS
- Active DEA registration
- NP will be required to consult with other health care professionals to obtain information or services that are relevant to pre-anesthesia evaluation process.
- Ensure routine and special laboratory tests, radiographic studies, electrocardiograms, cardiac studies, and pulmonary studies are ordered as indicated by the patients medication history or assessment, the surgical procedure, or published standards.
- Prescribe preoperative medications in CHCS as appropriate and in accordance with privileges and hospital rules and regulations.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Militaryand VA Health Systems.SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinicsand other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles.A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR isthe military staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organizationthat serves 850 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,600 affiliated health care professionals.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE/Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
View Full Employer Profile