Job ID: 290086089
Last Updated: 1/27/2022
The Psychiatrist is responsible for providing primary mental health care services including biopsychosocial assessment and diagnosis of patients with mental illness in an integrated setting. The Psychiatrist provides both medication and psycho-therapeutic management for patients as well as consultation to the primary care/behavioral health care team. This position is part of the integrated primary care/behavioral health care team and reports directly to the Behavioral Health Director, for administrative oversight.
1. Utilizes critical judgment in the performance of comprehensive mental health assessments.
2. Diagnosis of health status: Utilizes critical thinking, differential diagnosis, and the integration and interpretation of various forms of data to diagnose patients.
3. Plan of Care and Treatment: Plans and implements therapeutic interventions to assist the patient to achieve an optimal state of health.
4. Maintains productivity and documentation standards, and engagement in EHR system testing and audit preparation efforts
5. Provides direction and oversight to the operation of the Psychiatric support staff, in alignment with NATIVE HEALTHs mission and strategic plan
6. Provides clinical consultation to the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner(s) (PMHNP)
7. Cultivates strong patient relationships
1. Current, valid, and unrestricted license to practice in the State of Arizona is required.
2. Licensed as a n MD/DO - Psychiatrist.
3. Board certification is required.
4. Three years of experience as a Psychiatrist is strongly preferred.
5. Experience working with a diverse population in a community health setting is preferred.
6. Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
7. Must have a valid and unrestricted Arizona drivers license (within 30 days of hire if applicant is from out-of-state) with no DUI/DWI or reckless driving convictions in the last five years. No more than two at-fault accidents in the last three years. Must maintain a valid AZ driver license during employment. Must be insurable by NATIVE HEALTH liability auto policy.
8. Must pass a criminal background check with a Class I Fingerprint Clearance Card within the initial ninety (90) calendar days of employment.
9. Must pass a substance abuse testing upon employment, and submit to a random testing during the course of employment.
10. Must have an updated Immunization (IZ) Record, inclusive of full COVID-19 vaccination.
11. Must submit a recent report of Tuberculosis (TB) skin test upon employment and provide a TB skin annually.
12. Must obtain a CPR Card within ninety (90) calendar days of employment and maintain a valid CPR card during employment.
13. Must have obtained DEA registration in the State of Arizona prior to start date and registration must remain valid, throughout time of employment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Ability to actively participate as a member of the interdisciplinary primary care and mental health care team.
Knowledge of and the ability to provide integrated service delivery to patients.
Ability to develop rapport and provide consultation to primary care and behavioral health providers.
Upholds ethical and legal standards related to the provision of mental health care.
Knowledge of DSM-5 and ICD-10 billing practices.
Knowledge of the AZ Regional Behavioral Health Authority (RBHA), AHCCCS Complete Care (ACC- Medicaid), and other health plans provision of services requirements.
Recognizes the variability of the presentation of psychiatric signs and symptoms in different cultures.
Knowledge of the influence of culture, ethnicity, and spirituality on the patients perceptions of his or her psychiatric signs and symptoms. Respects and integrates cultural, ethnic, and spiritual influences in designing a treatment plan for patients.
Commitment to process and quality improvement.
Proficient with computer-based applications such as MS Office, Adobe, and electronic health records.
Ability to communicate effectively, orally and written.
Open to change and willing to lead change within the organization.
Professional integrity; excellent work ethic.
Must be able to work with confidential material without betraying the trust of patients, families, or the agency- in accordance with HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2 regulations, as well as agency policies.
NATIVE HEALTH. is an EEOC, Employment-At-Will, and Native American Preference employer. Drug Free and Commercial Smoke-Free work environment.
View Full Employer Profile