Job ID: 290086720
Last Updated: 9/12/2022
OBGYN Physician - High Point
WFHN OBGYN Primary Care Practice
We are currently recruiting OBGYN Generalist to our offices in Asheboro and High Point, both located in North Carolinas Piedmont Triad. Each practice has five physicians, recruiting for a sixth due to growth. Robotic surgery offered at High Point Medical Center. Physicians work a minimum of thirty-two patient-facing clinic hours per week in addition to hospital call (1:10 in High Point, 1:6 in Asheboro) with four hours allotted for administrative time.
Physicians work to care for patients in a variety of ways, from treating chronic illnesses to advising about preventative healthcare. While physician specialties might vary, the commonality across specialties is that physicians primarily work to diagnose and treat injuries and illnesses. They often do this by performing physical exams, taking medical histories, performing and interpreting diagnostic tests, and recommending a plan of treatment.
M.D. from an accredited medical school. Successful completion of residency and at an accredited healthcare institution.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
Current M.D. or D.O. license from the State of North Carolina.
Board certification in primary care or related field from said residency.
Certification in BCLS, ACLS required if stress tests performed or as required by specialty.
Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and Department of Public Safety (DPS) registration, for prescription writing required.
1. Work with the primary healthcare team to provide patients with primary medical care services within the standard of care for Internal Medicine patients.
2. Order laboratory and radiology tests and refer patients to specialists when appropriate and called for.
3. Analyze reports, test results, medical records and examinations to diagnose condition of patients and propose treatment options.
4. Prescribe pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens to treat identified and documented medical conditions.
5. Discuss potential side effects of medication/treatment with patients and ensure that all allergy information is up-to-date before prescribing medication/treatment.
6. Provide advice to patients for lifestyle and diet changes that may improve their health or help to treat the health issue they are experiencing.
7. Adhere to departmental policies, procedures and objectives, ongoing quality improvement objectives and safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
8. Maintain patient confidentiality and comply with all federal and state health information privacy laws.
9. Record complete, timely and legible medical records.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal skills Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
Ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense. Well organized.
Experience providing primary care and diagnostic services in a clinical setting.
Experience prescribing appropriate medications, treatments and health regimens to treat patient health issues.
Experience collaborating with specialists to explore patient health conditions and diagnose health issues.
Experience working in a team of healthcare professionals and collaborating with them to ensure positive, effective patient experiences with our organization.
Typical clinical setting
Enjoy life in North Carolinas beautiful Piedmont Triad, with a regional population of 1.6 million including Greensboro & Winston-Salem, both ranked in the top 60 Best Places to Live by US News & World Report. Residents enjoy a rich quality of life flavored by vibrant downtowns and family-friendly communities, miles of walking and biking trails, nationally acclaimed golf courses, prestigious education, cutting-edge Southern cuisine, artisan craft breweries, and wineries. The centrally located Piedmont Triad International Airport offers 60 daily flights to major cities or enjoy a short drive to the Blue Ridge Mountains, and Carolina beaches. The area offers all the convenience you could ask for in a city that also boasts ideal year-round weather.
High Point, with a population of 109,000, located in Guilford County, is widely known for its wealth of athletic venues such as courts, fields, minor league baseball, stadiums and pools, as well as for hosting high-profile tournaments and national championships, in addition to headlining concerts.
Asheboro, a community of 25,000, is located in Randolph County, with a population of 140,000. This is the only OBGYN practice in Randolph County, located 30 minutes southeast of High Point. Asheboro is home to the North Carolina Zoo, the worlds largest natural habitat zoo.
View Full Employer Profile