Job ID: 290117202
Last Updated: 4/25/2023
In-Home Kidney Care Nurse Practitioner
Monogram Health supports patients suffering from Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) and End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) by forming deep rooted relationships and preparing them both emotionally and physically for the challenges of managing kidney disease.
Monogram Nurse Practitioners are responsible for delivering personalized compassionate medical care to our patients. Primary duties include patient health assessments, conducting physicals, prescribing medications, maintaining accurate records, scheduling appointments, administering follow-up appointments, and work collaboratively with care management team to ensure the patient is receiving quality, evidence-based care.
This position is not office-based. Rather, NPs conduct in-home visits in the state they reside. NPs need to attend occasional training/meetings at headquarters outside of their home state.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Deliver evidence-based, timely care in a manner that reduces hospitalizations, maximizes quality of life, and puts patient health and satisfaction first
- Conducts assessments, to include comprehensive annual wellness exams
- Prescribe medications, order tests, and collaborate with Monogram physicians
- Collaborate with care management RNs and SWs to ensure consistent highly satisfying patient experience, accurate documentation, and effective care planning
- Perform effectively, as reflected by improved patient quality outcomes, which will be measured and reported daily
- Active and unrestricted Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner license in state of Maine
- Board certified by ANCC or AANP
- Current and unrestricted DEA certificate
- Ability to work without direct in-person supervision and practice autonomously
- Heavy daily travel; access to transportation, a valid driver's license, and car insurance
- Must be proficient with medical instruments and equipment required by the work
- Sound understanding of all federal and state regulations including HIPAA and OSHA
- 2+ years of NP experience
- Experience in kidney disease and control of related co-morbidities (HTN, Diabetes, CHF) preferred
- Experience in end-of-life discussions, palliative care and hospice preferred
- Experience practicing in managed care, value-based context required
- Experience conducting annual wellness visits, comprehensive visits and appropriately charting HCCs
- General knowledge of risk adjustment
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and innovative care management company that is transforming the delivery of kidney care
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible paid leave & vacation policy
- 401(k) plan with matching contributions
- Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- The successful candidate will work collaboratively as part of a team with our field-based RNs, social workers, physicians, and physician medical directors.
Monogram Health is dedicated to improving the well-being, quality of life and health outcomes for our patients by partnering with the nation's leading kidney specialists to provide transformative kidney care. Monogram Health uses next generation artificial intelligence algorithms to predict necessary and timely care to promote the delay of kidney disease progression, seamless transitions to dialysis and/or pre-emptive kidney transplant. We then utilize in-home visits to build meaningful relationships between patients and their care team that drive positive behavior change and optimize our patients health outcomes.
At Monogram Health we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
View Full Employer Profile