Job ID: 290128540
Last Updated: 1/26/2023
Locums Hospitalist Needed for Coverage with Paid Travel
Location: Ames, Iowa. Approximately an hour outside of Des Moines
Facility: A 220 bed hospital and Level III Trauma Center
Opportunity: Hospitalist Needed for Ongoing Coverage
* Start Date/Duration: May 2023; 12 weeks+
* Shifts: Days, 7a-7p
* Up to 10 day shifts/month
* Adult patient population
* EMR: Epic
* Travel and lodging assistance available
* IA license, DEA and BC
* OPEN ICU: Vent Management is required.
*VENT MANAGEMENT REQUIREMENTS*:
Criteria: Successful completion of an accredited residency that provided the necessary cognitive and technical skills for full ventilator management.
Required Previous Experience: Successful management of at least 20 mechanical ventilation cases in the past 24 months or one of the following:
* A letter from Residency/Fellowship training director attesting proficiency in ventilator management
* Alternate documentation from former chiefs of service attesting to the physicians experience may take the place of a letter from a training program director when this documentation may be impossible to obtain.
* Successful management of at least 10 mechanical ventilation cases in past 24 months and completion of ACGME accredited ventilator management refresher course or in-house review course.
* Completion of ACGME accredited ventilator management refresher course or in-house review course; and 10 cases supervised by a physician with ventilator management privileges, demonstrating evidence of proficiency.
Compensation: Competitive hourly rates with weekly pay and malpractice included
View Full Employer Profile