Job ID: 289971681
Last Updated: 3/1/2021
Neonatal Nurse Practitioner or PA
As one of the nations leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children even those who may never enter our doors through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion guide our growth and strategy. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about, and committed to leading efforts to provide culturally relevant care, reducing health disparities, and helping build a diverse and inclusive team environment. All Nemours associates are expected to ensure that these philosophies are embedded in their day to day work with colleagues, patients and families.
Nemours is actively seeking part-time and full-time Neonatal Nurse Practitioners and Neonatal Physician Assistants to join our Neonatology team at St Francis Hospital in Wilmington, DE. There is also an opportunity to work in the NICU at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children.
These opportunities perform in an expanded collaborative role by planning and providing comprehensive, complete management of a primary caseload of critically ill infants and their families. Day, evening and weekend hours are required. .
- Manages and provides care for the patient requiring neonatal intensive care utilizing collaborative consultation with team members, under the direction and supervision (but not necessarily the direct attendance) of an attending neonatologist.
Receives a distressed neonate in the Delivery Room and initiates appropriate intervention.
- Performs a complete newborn physical examination and assessment of gestational age, discriminating between normal and abnormal findings.
- Conducts parent interviews and takes family history.
- Collaborates with neonatologists concerning pertinent historical events, physical findings, diagnostic and therapeutic measures initiated on all admissions.
- Orders appropriate laboratory tests and procedures.
- Performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures necessary and appropriate for the care of the patient.
- Reviews and provides general care items involved in neonatal care, such as temperature stabilization, hyperalimentation therapy, feeding management, and phototherapy.
- Participates in daily rounds in NICU
- Minimum of 2 years Neonatal NP/Physician Assistant experience. Other job experience may not be substituted for this requirement
- Delivery room and NICU experience required
- Transport experience preferred
- Graduate of a Physician Assistant program accredited by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation. Active license as a Physician Assistant in the State ofDelaware OR
- ActiveDelaware (or compact state) Advanced Practice Nurse Licensure, with or without prescriptive authority
- Current BLS, NRP and NCC certifications
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique Bridge to a Healthy Future pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
View Full Employer Profile