About the Organization
Indiana University Health is Indianas most comprehensive healthcare system. IU Healths unique partnership with one of the nations largest medical schools, the Indiana University School of Medicine, offers innovative treatments and therapies and remains a global leader in medical education and research. Comprised of hospitals, physicians and allied services dedicated to providing preeminent care throughout Indiana and beyond, IU Health is honored to be recognized in such high distinctions.
- IU Health is ranked No. 1 in Indiana by U.S. News & World Report
- Riley Hospital for Children is nationally ranked in ten pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report.
At IU Health, we are committed to advancing a culture where all people can come together while we work to equitably improve the health of all Hoosiers. With a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
A private, nonprofit organization, Indiana University Health owns, or is affiliated with, more than 200 hospitals and health centers throughout Indiana. More than half of the physicians affiliated with the IU School of Medicine practice, supervise, and teach residents and fellows at one of Indiana University Health's hospitals. No organization in Indiana is ranked higher or offers more highly ranked physicians than Indiana University Health. We are proud of our longstanding commitment to providing leading-edge medicine with a personalized approach.
About the Community
With vibrant big-city entertainment and delightful small-town serenity, there is something for everyone in Indiana.
- Renowned museums and historic sites, incredible state parks and charming communities
- Low cost of living (rated by the Council for Community and Economic Research in 2020 as one of the top 10 most affordable states in the United States)
- World-class sports and abundant cultural and recreational amenities
Indiana offers a perfect blend of amenities to ensure that providers and their families are making the right choice when calling Indiana home.
- Home to the Indianapolis Colts (NFL), Indiana Pacers (NBA), Indiana Fever (WNBA), Indianapolis Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 and several minor league (hockey, soccer) and college sports teams, as well as host to national sporting events
- Proud to include Ball State University, Butler University, Indiana University, University of Notre Dame and Purdue University among its many highly rated universities and school systems
- Extraordinary performing arts venues, excellent cuisine, shopping destinations, diverse museums (including the top-ranked children's museum), zoos and festivals
- Enjoy an active lifestyle with the largest half marathon in the United States, as well as golfing, hiking, biking, camping, boating and skiing
- Top-rated international airport: "Best Airport in North America" ten consecutive years
- Located within a convenient drive to other major cities: Chicago, Cincinnati, Louisville, Milwaukee, Nashville, St. Louis and Grand Rapids, Michigan